DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Icon
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A great episode. Tami as principal works well. But her taking football money and using it for academics may get her lynched. After all this is Texas football we're talking about.
The only complaint I have is there's no closed captioning. For my 65 year old ears the cc helps.

·
AllStar
83 Posts
Loved it, Loved it, Loved it.

They didn't miss a beat. Best show on Tv.

Loved Billy and Riggins Jesus talk
Loved Tyra's mom asking Landry to fix her toilet.
Loved Coach's face when his wife, the principal told him that there wasn't going
to be any Jumbotron, the money is going towards school books instead.

Thank You Directv for stepping up!
I know I've been getting on your case lately.. but I will always be grateful for these
13 episodes. Keeping my fingers crossed we get 13 more next season! :)

Fred, maybe a email to Dtv asking them for CC would help?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Great show....really liked the fact that there weren't any commercials either. Football from season one meets off field drama and angst from season two. Should be a great 13 episode season, the first of many more seasons to come.

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
This was an excellent episode only bolstered by the fact that it was commercial free and roughly 52 minutes long (vs. ~45 minutes). I'll jump on the Thank You DIRECTV bandwagon as well.

Kudos

·
Godfather
438 Posts
I guess my wife and I are in the minority. We both thought the episode was one of the series' weaker efforts, perhaps because of the exposition necessary to explain what happened between the end of last year and the beginning of this year.

Still, a weak FNL is better than most shows. And they set up some good conflicts for the rest of the season.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.