DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprised no one else started this thread. I don't have much time this morning, but....

Thought it was a terrific pilot for what could become a second X-Files as discussed all over the press in advance but more relevant to today's science. Like most pilots there were some disconnects - like why she didn't secure the body herself as she knew they could talk to dead people. But the twist on the characters' relationship to create what might become a "trapped" nemesis was great.

· AllStar/Supporter
886 Posts
I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion either, but I won't really be "discussing" it either. If I didn't already know, I could guess J.J. was involved--similarities in the way scenes end and the music.

I liked it and will keep watching. :)

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Personally I recorded it and won't have a chance to watch for a couple days.

· Registered
2,792 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
Personally I recorded it and won't have a chance to watch for a couple days.
Me too Stuart. Waiting for a Saturday afternoon matinee showing.

· Hall Of Fame
3,181 Posts
I had not seen any prePremier talk about this show, watched it without any preconceptions. I liked it. Looks like it will have more twists and turns than "24".

I think that knowing to much about a show before it even starts ruins it all. Shows are build up so much that they end up anticlimactic and rarely meet the build up.

· Hall Of Fame
4,922 Posts
phrelin said:
what could become a second X-Files as discussed all over the press in advance but more relevant to today's science.
Definitely feels like a new X-files.

Charise said:
If I didn't already know, I could guess J.J. was involved--similarities in the way scenes end and the music.
I must say that I really don't like that they use the same "lost music" when going to commercial. I can't say why but it really bugs me that they ripped this.

· Difficulty Concen........
Directv, 5 LNB Slimline Dish, HR34-700, HR44-500, C31-700, C41-700, 2 DIRECTV SWM16, 2 Zinwell WB68
7,251 Posts
phrelin said:
Surprised no one else started this thread. I don't have much time this morning, but....

Thought it was a terrific pilot for what could become a second X-Files as discussed all over the press in advance but more relevant to today's science. Like most pilots there were some disconnects - like why she didn't secure the body herself as she knew they could talk to dead people. But the twist on the characters' relationship to create what might become a "trapped" nemesis was great.
Thanks for the heads up. I too will be recording the next showing. I really rely on you guys to warn me of these programs that come out. The one thing about the skip function is you truly miss all the commercials good and bad.

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

· Registered
14,213 Posts
IndyMichael said:
It was mentioned earlier in the show that they could do the dream sharing up to 6 hours after death, so I thought it was odd that they didn't take his body straight from the wreck to the lab.
My guess is it took a while for Massive Dynamic to take custody of the body ...

Now about the show ... absolutely loved it. Hooked from the beginning, and not disappointed.

I do agree that I don't like the "Lost" sound affect at commercial break, and the three-dimension locations across buildings and scenes reminded me strongly of Heroes, but even with that... still loved it.

The biggest surprise to me is that Mark Valley was killed off, when I thought he would be a seres regular. But maybe he'll be resurrected, eh? :p

By the way, you know you're watching a JJ Abrams show when you can click here: http://www.massivedynamic.com/ :)

· Icon
748 Posts
IndyMichael said:
I meant Olivia or the FBI... You'd think she would've taken him right away.
The only time she heard about that was when Walter was talking about all the experiments that they were attempting back in the 1960s. It was just one of many and she had no reason to suspect that it had been perfected.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.