DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· AllStar
124 Posts
I decided to keep Frndly TV a bit longer to see if they could iron out some of their issues. They main beef I have with them (there are several) is how they air alternate programming on Decades and H&I... pre-empting original programming like Nash Bridges, Jag, WKRP, Baa Baa Black Sheep, The Millionaire and The Odd Couple with Police Story, NUMB3RS and other shows. I've reached out to them on Twitter and Frndly dot com webchat asking why the alternate programming, but have gotten the old double talk deflection tactics each time. My OTA antenna has a weak signal for H&I, so I've been limping along with Frndly TV until I can get a huge damaged tree removed that impedes my OTA antenna signal.

· Registered
1,183 Posts
I noticed that the GAC Family channel is in the Frndly TV lineup. My wife has been watching that channel on DirecTV since they poached some of Hallmark's stars. We're dropping DirecTV and switching to YTTV in a couple of months, so it looks like we'll be getting Frndly TV as well. Does the cloud DVR allow you to fast-forward through commercials?

· AllStar
124 Posts
I noticed that the GAC Family channel is in the Frndly TV lineup. My wife has been watching that channel on DirecTV since they poached some of Hallmark's stars. We're dropping DirecTV and switching to YTTV in a couple of months, so it looks like we'll be getting Frndly TV as well. Does the cloud DVR allow you to fast-forward through commercials?
Yes, recorded programs can be ffw or rew. If you're watching live, it can only rew back to when you began to watch regardless if you are recording the program. YTTV allows you to watch live and rew back to the beginning as long as the program is being recorded.

· AllStar
124 Posts
FRNDLY TV just updated their guide where if you pick a channel in the guide, tune into it and access the guide again, you'll still be on the channel you last visited. Before, it would reset back to the top of the guide. Hey YTTV, maybe take a page from FRNDLY TV's guide setup!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts