DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Legend
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my issue..I sure hope someone can give me advice. I have lived in my apartment complex for 3 1/2 years and have had my own dish. I have actually had two of them, both installed on calls to Directv. In the last two weeks I noticed my Protection Plan had been disconnected. I emailed/called, etc..and finally today I get this answer...

My account, without telling me, has been changed to an MDU account. My complex does have a central satellite (what kind? I have no idea...is it HD? is it MPEG 4?...I don't know)......They canceled the Protection Plan since I am now not "eligbile"....for any service they are now telling me I have to call the "system operator"...who the heck is that...cause they could NOT tell me.

Anyway, is that possible? Why did they just now switch me over? I own my own dish and 4 receivers, am an A-List customer, spend hundreds of dollars a year, and now I have to go thru a system operator for service??? I have been with Directv for almost 10 years, with the exception of 18 months when I was unable to have it and I am treated like this?

I am extremely frustrated. The product is great...I really like it...but to be treated like this is unreal. I was told by a CSR there was a notation in my account that I could not be switched over to a residential customer....

Anyone have ideas or solutions??????

Thank you

Todd

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
That is really strange. You've been a residential customer for years and now not. I'd say call back, ask for retention or a supervisor and present your case. Doesn't sound right to me.

My guess is it was a change by address. Your appt put up a dish and any new tenants will be part of that. But you need to explain that to a CSR that understands. Not all CSRs understand....if you know what I mean. So keep trying. Good luck.

·
Legend
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It gets better...

I finally got a PIN number for retention...they were NO help whatsoever. I was actually hung up on 2 times before I got a CSR. Then she, after making me wait, comes on and says her supervisor says there is no way for me to have my account changed back to residential. After bantering and trying to convince her that I do not use the system operator (whom they cannot give me any information about), the system operator equipment or even open an account with them...mine is without a doubt through Directv directly (they set it up)....I asked to speak to a supervisor.

She puts me on hold, comes back about 3 minutes later and says "someone will be with in a few minutes"...so I wait...and wait...and wait....Good lord I waited for nearly 90 minutes when I finally gave up and called them back. When I called them back, THEY WERE CLOSED.....

WOW..unreal!!!!

I am beginning to HATE Directv.....

:mad:

·
Banned
378 Posts
tpayne105 said:
It gets better...

I finally got a PIN number for retention...they were NO help whatsoever. I was actually hung up on 2 times before I got a CSR. Then she, after making me wait, comes on and says her supervisor says there is no way for me to have my account changed back to residential. After bantering and trying to convince her that I do not use the system operator (whom they cannot give me any information about), the system operator equipment or even open an account with them...mine is without a doubt through Directv directly (they set it up)....I asked to speak to a supervisor.

She puts me on hold, comes back about 3 minutes later and says "someone will be with in a few minutes"...so I wait...and wait...and wait....Good lord I waited for nearly 90 minutes when I finally gave up and called them back. When I called them back, THEY WERE CLOSED.....

WOW..unreal!!!!

I am beginning to HATE Directv.....

:mad:
Your right... UN freekin real and WOW.

I would be freeking Out over that mess too.

If you have our Own dish and EQ and the signal comes from that EQ AND you PAY a direct bill to D*. Then frankly those people have lost their **** mind!.
& Your getting screwed!. Either they come switch you to MDU service and Bill you as such and if Not, YOU ARE NOT " a paying , signal acquired/rec-ed, patron of the MDU service. Its cut and dry my friend if that signal comes from Your dish and Ird's.

THE thing to do is read your 'agreement" concerning the "protection plan", copy the last bill you paid and the record of such. Wait for the Next Bill and the *billing source and code*, Keep dates and notes of the conversations. (Simply needed in this case as "foot hold".).

Boy oh boy, i think this is a first for even me to hear. Just amazing. (sigh)

Protection plan not honored, source of signal is his own EQ, But yet he is Not a private sub But is a MDU patron by paper. HUH? WHAT?:confused:

Good luck and i hope you get to the bottom of this (im just shaking my head on this one....= pure crazy!)

·
Legend
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On the phone with retention now...he is "checking" to see if he can change it back. I will ask how they found out. OK...he just came back on is changing back to a residential account. HOLY SMOKE...just that easy????

I am also upset at having been put on hold so long and no one coming back to me. THIS has been unreal.....I am going to complain about that service as well.

I really do like Directv and have been with it for a long time. I really do not want to change...but incidents like this make me want to switch....

Will update again shortly...

Thanks for your responses...

·
Legend
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All corrected. .... Man it is truly unreal how one CSR differs from another, even at RETENTION! WOW....I am back to being a residential customer. He told me the computer system automatically converted to an MDU account because of my address. A computer system audit, if you will...well there are flaws believe me.

His name was Jose and he was tremendously helpful and knew his stuff. Thank God....

He even let me vent...

If you live in an MDU community, you might want to make sure you are not being screwed around...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.