DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· AllStar
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new HR20 today (Build data 10-04) and it worked fine for a few hours. My wife said the phone did not work, so I check and found that the installer connected the phone into the ethernet jack. Then I noticed that the intaller did not connect the plug into the surge protector but into the wall plug that was on the light switch. I turned off the unit and unplugged it then replugged it into the surge protector. Upon startup, it continued to stall at finding satellite system (error 771). I unplugged it, pressed the red button and swapped the cables - no luck.

I reinstalled my old H10-250 and it worked fine, so

After talking with D* they will send me a new unit.

Does anyone know why it would stop working like that?

· Banned
1,614 Posts
I had a heck of a time with my HR20 the other night.

I unplugged it since I was moving the dish.

When I plugged it back in it would power up, the power on light would come on, the unit wouldn't do anything, no powering up message, etc.. It would just sit there for awhile with no picture on the TV, just the grey screen, no sound then turn off the power on LED. Pressing the ON button on the remote wouldn't do anything. The group of LEDs in the circle never came on. I had it connected via component video cables, I unplugged it, disconnected the component video cables and connected the s-video cable. When I plugged it in it acted the same way it did when I had the component video cables connected. I unplugged it, disconnected the s-video and connected the RCA video cable. Then it finally powerd up and worked fine and has worked fine ever since. I reconnected the component video cables an hour or so later.

· AllStar
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PoitNarf said:
Did you try taking the b-band converters off to see if that makes a difference?
I did not do that and D* did not suggest doing it.

· AllStar
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
litzdog911 said:
Try removing the B-Band Converters. They seem to have a high failure rate and cause the problem you're having.
D* is sending a new unit. What would happen if the B-Band converters were taken off? Would the unit boot?

· Mentor
37 Posts
Justinto said:
D* is sending a new unit. What would happen if the B-Band converters were taken off? Would the unit boot?
I had a problem after reformatting and leaving the BBC's on. I had to remove them and then put them on after the initial download was completed.

I can't tell any difference with them on or off though, I recieve HD locals either way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.