DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow what a crappy experience so far. I called Monday to set up my service. Everything was perfect. I ordered 1 h34, 3 HD receivers,and 2 SD receivers. Install was set up for today. I get the order confirmation email and it was all wrong. Only the 34, and 2 HD receivers. I immediately called and spoke to a lady I could hardly understand and we finally got it back to my original order (so I thought). The installers showed up with the equipment to install something completely different than my original order or the email I got.
The installer went back to his warehouse to get the right stuff and returned. He called direct and they asked for me to get on the phone. I got on the phone and the lady proceeded to tell me that it was going to be 49.99 for the first HD receiver and $99 for the second because I already applied for my rebates and they can no longer make changes to the original order. Even though they would be free if i was placing a new order. I was futile. The tech saved the day and was told me to get standard boxes and I would find out why later. So I told the phone rep I wanted sd and finished that.
Later the tech told me that because our local stations are only in HD so they automatically switch over to HD and I would not get charged. So I ended up getting 5 h25's and the h34. Install was a breeze until they went to activate the receivers. Evidently the phone rep never applied my programming package to my account. So we got that figured out (30 minutes later). The rest of the install was uneventful and the tech was the bomb. My work order ended up being 33 lines long. The tech said that was the longest he's ever had.
Tonight I'm setting up recordings from the direct ap on my tablet and I chose only channels I receive. Much to my surprise none of the movie channels I was supposed to get free for 3 months were on there. I called direct (another 20 minutes) only to get transferred to 2 different people, and find out it has to get escalated to a supervisor and it should be fixed in the next 24 hours.

Where did I do wrong?
Is it always like this?

Im trying to stay positive about all this but its getting mighty tough! Thanks for reading my rant! The only thing that has been positive about this whole experience was the guidance I got from this forum this past weekend and the tech that installed.

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
sublime118 said:
I called Monday to set up my service. Everything was perfect. I ordered 1 h34, 3 HD receivers,and 2 SD receivers. Install was set up for today........So I ended up getting 5 h25's and the h34. Install was a breeze ........ The rest of the install was uneventful and the tech was the bomb. .......... none of the movie channels I was supposed to get free for 3 months were on there. .......... it should be fixed in the next 24 hours.
Sounds good, congrats.

· Cool Member
28 Posts
when its something like your issue i tell the customer its easier to cancel and reorder what you want, because like you find out the OMG is going to see whats on your "wrong" order and charge for the extra boxes

· Legend
246 Posts
Just call them and tell DirecTV they've made it way too hard on you and you want them to cancel the account since they didn't uphold the agreement.

If they didn't give me everything I ordered, apologize, and give me something extra I'd just cancel.

There's no reason to go thru all these continual hassles with DirecTV or anyone else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.