DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mentor
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine recycles metals and electronics and one of his recent lots included 10 Dish receivers in boxes. I convinced him to let me try to relocate them insteading of breaking them down for recycling. I checked with the company and 3 were leased and needed to be returned to them. The other 7 checked out as available to be activated (or transferred in 1 case).

I wanted to check here and see if anyone wanted first crack at them before I put them online elsewhere. I'm not a Dish subscriber and am unfamiliar with the hardware but here's what I have:
  • Dish DVR 625 (transferable)
  • ViP722k
  • Dish322
  • ViP612
  • ViP222k (x2)
Except for the 625, Dish told me that they were all "not on an account - can be activated." The final 5 units (311, 322, 612, and the 222 pair) are all plastic wrapped and have stickers on them showing 'reman.' They appear to be new-in-the-box.

Any interest? Let me know if you'd like pics, need additional info or would like me to do any limited testing as a non-subscriber.

·
Mentor
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been sidetracked with other things and have had these set aside, but I'm going to actively try to sell these now. Just wanted to add an update here that all of these are still available. I have a half dozen other units that I haven't checked on yet, so let me know if you're looking for something specific...

·
Registered
660 Posts
SVTarHeel said:
A friend of mine recycles metals and electronics and one of his recent lots included 10 Dish receivers in boxes. I convinced him to let me try to relocate them insteading of breaking them down for recycling. I checked with the company and 3 were leased and needed to be returned to them. The other 7 checked out as available to be activated (or transferred in 1 case).

I wanted to check here and see if anyone wanted first crack at them before I put them online elsewhere. I'm not a Dish subscriber and am unfamiliar with the hardware but here's what I have:
  • Dish DVR 625 (transferable)
  • ViP722k
  • Dish322
  • ViP612
  • ViP222k (x2)
Except for the 625, Dish told me that they were all "not on an account - can be activated." The final 5 units (311, 322, 612, and the 222 pair) are all plastic wrapped and have stickers on them showing 'reman.' They appear to be new-in-the-box.

Any interest? Let me know if you'd like pics, need additional info or would like me to do any limited testing as a non-subscriber.
Pics please :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.