DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Mentor
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody else order a FSN PPV college game Saturday, but when trying to record it, got the message that "this receiver is not authorized to record this program"?

I have not been able to find any comments or similar postings on any tv or football message boards. I am assuming this was fairly exclusive to me, in which case, I would like to know why.

Thanks for any input/info given.

· Legend
256 Posts
I went to the Nebraska game before I left, the game wasn't even on my guide. The mere fact that they charge me $5 to order the game is bad enough, but then it didn't show up and I couldn't DVR it. Luckily, I logged into my Slingbox from my seat at the game and was able to record it. Otherwise it would have been a waste of $35.

I have to say DTV's customer service has gone down hill.

· Icon
570 Posts
I dvr'ed last week's Nebraska/WMU game with no problem. Nitty, I have no land line hooked to my receivers and couldn't order the WMU game online, so that left calling in my only option and D* had no problem waiving the $5.00 surcharge.

Go Big Red!

· AllStar
62 Posts
I've had a difficult time purchasing the last two Nebraska games on PPV. There has been no option to purchase onscreen on my HR20. For the 8/30 game, I called a couple of hours before the game and the agent immediately volunteered to waive the $5 charge without my asking. For the 9/6 game, I still had no option to purchase the game onscreen or online at 15 min before game time. Called cust. service again and ordered. This time it took the dude almost 10 min to process it. When he said the fee was $34.99, I told him I didn't want to be charged the $5 fee since I didn't have an onscreen on online option he waived it without any resistance. But, it took him a while to do it.

More frustrating was the fact that I could not record the game on my HR20! There was a message that said something like the provider has not authorized recording of this program. I wasn't going to be around during the game and was depending on recording it. Went and tried the old SAT T-60 in another room and it allowed it. Good thing, or I would have been pretty unhappy and probably disputing the charge with cust. serv.

Did anyone else have the recording problem?

Does anyone know why directv is making it soooooo hard to order these games? It's almost like they don't want our money.

· Legend
256 Posts
garn9173 said:
I dvr'ed last week's Nebraska/WMU game with no problem. Nitty, I have no land line hooked to my receivers and couldn't order the WMU game online, so that left calling in my only option and D* had no problem waiving the $5.00 surcharge.

Go Big Red!
I asked multiple times to waive the fee, perhaps I need to mention that I don't have a phone line. I did get a lady to give me $5 off each month for 3 months, that still seems assinine that they couldn't just waive the fee when I asked them.

· Mentor
41 Posts
runopenloop said:
I've had a difficult time purchasing the last two Nebraska games on PPV. There has been no option to purchase onscreen on my HR20. For the 8/30 game, I called a couple of hours before the game and the agent immediately volunteered to waive the $5 charge without my asking. For the 9/6 game, I still had no option to purchase the game onscreen or online at 15 min before game time. Called cust. service again and ordered. This time it took the dude almost 10 min to process it. When he said the fee was $34.99, I told him I didn't want to be charged the $5 fee since I didn't have an onscreen on online option he waived it without any resistance. But, it took him a while to do it.

Does anyone know why directv is making it soooooo hard to order these games? It's almost like they don't want our money.
The option to purchase the game popped up right at 11:30 on my screen. I had called earlier, and the CSR told me to check 5 min before the game started -- it wasn't there then, so I called back- right as the CSR answered, the box popped up on screen to order.

It would be nice to be able to pre-order the game, but for this week, I'll just be patient and wait until 6:00 to see if I can order it. The game doesn't actually kick off for another 10 minutes or so anyway, so if I had to call in, I'd still have time.

· Mentor
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JDubbs413 said:
I would call DirecTV back and request a refund for ordering the game. It sounds like there was some type of authorization issue when you ordered the PPV. In other words, someone didn't do something right.
JDubbs: I had called in and had them re-authorize the purchase, but still couldn't record the game. I am working on pursuing the issue.

runopenloop said:
More frustrating was the fact that I could not record the game on my HR20! There was a message that said something like the provider has not authorized recording of this program. I wasn't going to be around during the game and was depending on recording it. Went and tried the old SAT T-60 in another room and it allowed it. Good thing, or I would have been pretty unhappy and probably disputing the charge with cust. serv.

Did anyone else have the recording problem?

runopenloop: To date, you are the only other person I know of with any provider that also could not record the game.

I like to order on-line so I receive (and hopefully can record) on both my receivers. I made a couple calls and sent an e-mail prior to the WM game and was pretty much told calling was the only means to order the games. They did give me $5 a month credit for 3 months to offset the charge which at least helps a liittle. I am not sure now if I will even order any more ppv's.

· AllStar
62 Posts
I like to order online or via the phone too so I can record on two receivers. Sometimes the HR20 just locks up and I'd hate for that to happen during a husker game. Even when ABC or ESPN have the game I record it on both receivers.

I think I saw some other threads where a red button reset solved unauthorized problems. I might to a reset Sat. morning just to be on the safe side.

Anyone else out there have trouble recording the game?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.