DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Godfather
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought since FSN-Ohio HD was part of Fox using 720p there wouldn't be a stuttering issue. But, wrong it is on 96 tonight with the CAVS. It is being broadcast in 1080i. I'll have to watch in SD on 637. Cleveland locals have been up since July, 1 2006 and this has been an issue since day one. I couldn't watch the Indians in Hd on 3 & 657 and now the Cavs what a disappointment.

· Mentor
49 Posts
Are you in Cleveland? I am in Columbus and do not believe the HD feed is available to me. Can someone please post and let me know if they are getting the HD content this far south?

Thanks,

lbostons

· Mentor
35 Posts
I watched several Indians games on the HR20 on both the MPEG4 Channel 3 WKYC feed and on 96 where they place both Fox Sports Ohio and Sportstime Ohio when an HD feed is available. In all cases it was fine although I was watching live and did not attempt to record. I did not get a chance to watch the Cavs game last night so I can't comment on that one. Now if you want to talk about recording the MPEG4 Channel 5 WEWS feed thats a whole different story which still iritates that h*** out of me because I can't record the Buckeyes in HD.

· Legend
107 Posts
jeffwltrs said:
I thought since FSN-Ohio HD was part of Fox using 720p there wouldn't be a stuttering issue. But, wrong it is on 96 tonight with the CAVS. It is being broadcast in 1080i. I'll have to watch in SD on 637. Cleveland locals have been up since July, 1 2006 and this has been an issue since day one. I couldn't watch the Indians in Hd on 3 & 657 and now the Cavs what a disappointment.
With the Browns and Indians, the stuttering might not have anything to do with technology but more with the level of talent on the teams. :) I am a huge Cleveland fan so I say that in all good nature. The Cavs on the other hand might actually be worth watching. Anyhow, since I am in St. Louis, I can't help with your issue but couldn't resist responding to a fellow Cleveland fan. Thank God for Sunday Ticket. Now I can continue to be frustrated every Sunday from three states away. Oh and what is with the Browns almost never being broadcast in high def? I have bought all this equipment and spend for ST and SF and so far I think there had been only one game that has been in HD. Oh well.

Take care and go Browns, Indians, Cavs and Bucks!!!

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Actually they've had 2 games in HD, the opener against the Saints and the Broncos game. As another displaced Cleveland sports fan, I feel your pain, but I remain hopeful the Browns will have a better second half of the season.

· Godfather
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe they finally have fixed the stuttering on CBS-19 & Ch 96 for Cavs & Browns games. Did anyone else in the Cleveland area notice this?

8 Posts
jeffwltrs said:
I believe they finally have fixed the stuttering on CBS-19 & Ch 96 for Cavs & Browns games. Did anyone else in the Cleveland area notice this?
I have seen on other threads that Ch 19 is fixed, but when I was watching the basketball and football games on my HR20 this past weekend, the 8mm effect was still there. Did not watch Ch 96.

· Cool Member
14 Posts
I live in Newark, 30 miles east of Columbus and we don't get FSN in HD. We are just luck to see a few Browns games in HD. Only time we get the Cavs in HD is when they are on ESPN.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.