DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still a bit confused as to how I will be able to view FSN Ohio (Cavaliers games, etc) in HD. Will those programs that are available in HD simply appear in my program guide in the 94-96 channel range? Or is there a separate, dedicated channel for FSN HD? I upgraded my satellite in late September and I was able to receive some Indians games in HD from Sportstime Ohio on the mid 90's channels but I was not sure if FSN Ohio will work the same way.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,535 Posts
tward21 said:
I am still a bit confused as to how I will be able to view FSN Ohio (Cavaliers games, etc) in HD. Will those programs that are available in HD simply appear in my program guide in the 94-96 channel range? Or is there a separate, dedicated channel for FSN HD? I upgraded my satellite in late September and I was able to receive some Indians games in HD from Sportstime Ohio on the mid 90's channels but I was not sure if FSN Ohio will work the same way.
THere's a couple of possibilities, and it depends on what your RSN is....

IF your RSN broadcasts in HD full time, it will be a second channel wherever your RSN is (mine, FSN bay Area is 654. IF they broadcast full time HD, there would be an HD channel at 654).

If your RSN broadcasts only part time HD, then FSN will broadcast those games on 96 or 97, I believe.

Channel 95 is an unused HD channel (mpeg2) which D* broadcasts all sorts of stuff on. You may be able to get some of your RSN games on channel 95.

The last consideration is your location. Right now RSNs have only been rolled out to select markets. My RSN is ONLY available in the San Francisco DMA, although FSN Bay Area's home territory covers several DMAs. Becasue of current bandwidth considerations, not all houses in an RSN territory are eligible to receive the RSN In HD at this time. You'd have to see what DMA is allowed your RSN in HD and whether you're in that DMA.

·
6 Posts
I get FSN Ohio SD and recieve my Cleveland Locals in HD. Why is there a bluejackets game showing as an upcoming event on channel 96 in HD on Nov 12, but the Cavs game is not shown, but it's being broadcast in HD tomorrow night?

Channel 97 is not even in my guide. But I do have channel 98

·
Hall Of Fame
2,535 Posts
7links said:
I get FSN Ohio SD and recieve my Cleveland Locals in HD. Why is there a bluejackets game showing as an upcoming event on channel 96 in HD on Nov 12, but the Cavs game is not shown, but it's being broadcast in HD tomorrow night?

Channel 97 is not even in my guide. But I do have channel 98
Again, there are one of two possibilities.

#1 - DirecTV is not picking up this HD broadcast from FSN Ohio. At this point in time, I don't believe that D* is broadcasting EVERY Hd broadcast from EVERY RSN. They broadcast as many as they can given the bandwidth they have available.

#2 - Some of those part time channels sometimes display strangely on the HR20. I've read posts from people who say that if you go to the guide so channel 96 is NOT listed on your screen, then zoom ahead 12 hours, scroll down until 96 IS listed on the screen, and zoom back 12 hours to the current time and you'll see a program in the schedule. Scroll up so 96 is no longer listed, then scroll back down so it is listed again, and the guide will now show "upcoming: xxx". In that scenario it's possible the game is in the schedule but just displaying incorrectly.

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
I have Hawks Vs Cavs tonight at 7pm in my EPG in my HR20 on Channel 96.

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
DAMN!! Unfortunatey its got that MPEG4 8mm bug look. Very disappointing as I thought with FSN Ohio being 720p there wouldnt be a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.