DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cool Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some insight on if/when DTV will start to spot beam Utah Jazz games in HD ala FSN-UT. This seems to be happening in other markets, but nothing here as of yet. The games are being produced in HD, but they are not being aired in this format. Very Frustrating! Any thougths, or any direction as to who I can complain to would be appreciated.

·
Legend
209 Posts
I don't know who you would ask. Emailing DirecTV seems to just get a form letter response. Try contacting FSN Utah. Before the Nuggets season I emailed DirecTV about getting the Alititude games in HD and got a standard answer about not having bandwidth. The next week Altitude games were carried in HD.

·
Cool Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Knepster said:
I don't know who you would ask. Emailing DirecTV seems to just get a form letter response. Try contacting FSN Utah. Before the Nuggets season I emailed DirecTV about getting the Alititude games in HD and got a standard answer about not having bandwidth. The next week Altitude games were carried in HD.
Will do. I agree with the form letter response from DirecTV. I did the same thing when we weren't getting TNT HD.

·
Cool Member
11 Posts
Knepster said:
What channel are the Nuggets games showing in HD?

·
Godfather
253 Posts
n3xt said:
What channel are the Nuggets games showing in HD?
Last night it was channel 97 I believe.

·
2 Posts
I had Directv upgrade my dish to the 5 LNB and 2 receivers t H20 MPEG 4 , and I am still not getting anything on 97. I have checked the alignment of my dish and don't see any problems. I am in Southern Colorado so I am still not sure whether or not I can get the HD broadcast. Anybody know?

·
Legend
182 Posts
Woud be nice if they expand to Albuquerque TV market so we can get the HD feed.:)

11-26-06

·
Legend
209 Posts
96mystic said:
I had Directv upgrade my dish to the 5 LNB and 2 receivers t H20 MPEG 4 , and I am still not getting anything on 97. I have checked the alignment of my dish and don't see any problems. I am in Southern Colorado so I am still not sure whether or not I can get the HD broadcast. Anybody know?
Ch 97 is part of the Denver locals HD spot beam, so if you get those you should get the Altitude games in HD. But Pueblo is in the Colorado Springs market and you don't have HD locals there yet. Maybe once those are up you will be able to get the Altitude (in the winter) and FSN Rocky Mtn (in the summer) HD games.

·
2 Posts
Knepster said:
Ch 97 is part of the Denver locals HD spot beam, so if you get those you should get the Altitude games in HD. But Pueblo is in the Colorado Springs market and you don't have HD locals there yet. Maybe once those are up you will be able to get the Altitude (in the winter) and FSN Rocky Mtn (in the summer) HD games.
Thank you for answering the question that Directv is still not able to answer for me. Their customer service is clueless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.