DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Icon
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watching FSN West 692 (A's @ Angels) and noticing that something doesn't look quite right? It almost looks like they are dropping frames. It doesn't look as crisp and clean. Almost looks film like.

I have checked other HD channels (ESPN2, NatGeo, Smithsonian) and have noticed it anywhere else.

Is anybody else seeing this? If so, any ideas?

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
Wisegoat said:
Anyone watching FSN West 692 (A's @ Angels) and noticing that something doesn't look quite right? It almost looks like they are dropping frames. It doesn't look as crisp and clean. Almost looks film like.

I have checked other HD channels (ESPN2, NatGeo, Smithsonian) and have noticed it anywhere else.

Is anybody else seeing this? If so, any ideas?
Yes, I'm seeing it. Nothing to be done at our end, I don't think. Looks like possibly an encoding issue?

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
O's/Angels HD feed from FSN West looks good to my eyes. Not seeing anything "film like".

·
Godfather
462 Posts
Wisegoat said:
It changed somewhere around the 3rd or 4th inning.
It was just the top half of the first inning for me. And thank god they fixed it because I was getting sick watching the ball jump around the screen every pitch/hit. I nearly switched to "low-def"...

·
Icon
629 Posts
I've noticed some pretty poor HD on the Fox Sports Net. The Dodgers game last night, I had to check the SD station to see if I had the wrong channel tuned in...NOT, but there was very little difference in picture quality...both were 4:3. I've noticed it before on the baseball feeds, HD,SD, or Memorex?

·
Godfather
462 Posts
levibluewa said:
I've noticed some pretty poor HD on the Fox Sports Net. The Dodgers game last night, I had to check the SD station to see if I had the wrong channel tuned in...NOT, but there was very little difference in picture quality...both were 4:3. I've noticed it before on the baseball feeds, HD,SD, or Memorex?
Yesterdays LA Dodgers telecast was not in HD for anybody (even in LA), but the Angels feed was (except for the top of the first, where it looked like a bad up-res version of Angels in the Outfield). I never did check the St. Louis telecast for an HD version of the Dodger game.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.