DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Icon
Joined
·
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the English Football today and tomorrow?

D* has absolutely nothing scheduled for 621-1.

The FA Cup match and EPL match should have been up today and they are not.

Naturally, a call to D* was fruitless.

Called a second time, and the rep told me they have nothing scheduled in HD on that channel for 2 weeks.... which was as far as he could see, although I'm guessing he just was looking at the Guide.

Charging $15 per month for part time HD has been egregious enough.

Not getting anything in HD finally got me to cancel the channel.
 

·
Breaking the mold
Joined
·
849 Posts
foxsoccer2go has the games in HD. It also includes the games delayed on that network and fox soccer channel that are not live. All in HD. I would be shocked if this station goes beyond June/ July of 2013 due to the two leagues that were the reason for it being around will no longer be on Fox Soccer/ Fox Soccer Plus.
cmasia said:
Where is the English Football today and tomorrow?

D* has absolutely nothing scheduled for 621-1.

The FA Cup match and EPL match should have been up today and they are not.

Naturally, a call to D* was fruitless.

Called a second time, and the rep told me they have nothing scheduled in HD on that channel for 2 weeks.... which was as far as he could see, although I'm guessing he just was looking at the Guide.

Charging $15 per month for part time HD has been egregious enough.

Not getting anything in HD finally got me to cancel the channel.
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
6 Posts
I too was bummed today. Fortunately, I recorded the SD station too to watch Arsenal. I noticed earlier in the week that the HD schedule was going up about 48 hours in advance. So, I was able to grab the mid-week game I wanted in HD. But even with manually recording today, nothing was on the station.

Weird.

Which leagues are leaving Fox Soccer? Where are they going instead?
 

·
Breaking the mold
Joined
·
849 Posts
NBC/ Universal will gain EPL rights, but some of those games are likely to be part of some ppv package element. Ligue 1, Serie A, and ENgland's league championship leagues all left this past year for bein sport. The original reasons for Fox Soccer Plus were the Serie A games and EPL games.
lairdo said:
I too was bummed today. Fortunately, I recorded the SD station too to watch Arsenal. I noticed earlier in the week that the HD schedule was going up about 48 hours in advance. So, I was able to grab the mid-week game I wanted in HD. But even with manually recording today, nothing was on the station.

Weird.

Which leagues are leaving Fox Soccer? Where are they going instead?
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
132 Posts
The only time I want FSP is during the Australian Rules Football season (late March - end of September or first week of October if the Grand Final ends in a draw and needs to be replayed). Other than that there's plenty of soccer on the other channels.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
426 Posts
noahproblem said:
The only time I want FSP is during the Australian Rules Football season (late March - end of September or first week of October if the Grand Final ends in a draw and needs to be replayed). Other than that there's plenty of soccer on the other channels.
I agree 100%.
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
I noticed starting on Dec 1 that FSPHD is no longer showing live soccer matches. I saw a rugby match earlier so it's not a problem with the feed or anything.

Of course, a game I really want to see is showing on Sunday at 10am (Everton vs Tottenham). I have very little hope this is going to be fixed by then.

I've called up DirecTV twice today to complain and the people are completely unaware that there's any problem. They "escalated" my problem ticket but I have no confidence in that. I repeatedly asked to talk with someone who could help but they wouldn't transfer me. I asked to get an email or phone call when they started working on it. No luck. What a useless customer service department this is.

I guess the only thing I can do is keep waiting and hoping. If it isn't fixed soon, my only choice is to cancel the channel (and get my money back for the last week).
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
227 Posts
Mekias said:
I noticed starting on Dec 1 that FSPHD is no longer showing live soccer matches. I saw a rugby match earlier so it's not a problem with the feed or anything.

Of course, a game I really want to see is showing on Sunday at 10am (Everton vs Tottenham). I have very little hope this is going to be fixed by then.

I've called up DirecTV twice today to complain and the people are completely unaware that there's any problem. They "escalated" my problem ticket but I have no confidence in that. I repeatedly asked to talk with someone who could help but they wouldn't transfer me. I asked to get an email or phone call when they started working on it. No luck. What a useless customer service department this is.

I guess the only thing I can do is keep waiting and hoping. If it isn't fixed soon, my only choice is to cancel the channel (and get my money back for the last week).
You are somewhat incorrect. I believe live Championship League and Europa League matches have aired since Tuesday. We'll see about the EPL over the weekend.
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
I didn't end up watching Champions League on FSPHD. I tried to set up my DVR on Monday night and the HD versions weren't showing up on the Guide so I just recorded the delayed versions on Fox Soccer Channel. I guess they might have shown them on FSPHD but since the Guide didn't show it, I didn't double check.

Unfortunately, Fox Soccer Channel won't replay any Premier League matches that FSP shows so my only chance to watch Everton/Tottenham in HD is FSPHD.
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
Maybe all my arguing and *****ing got someone to fix the problem. Tomorrow's Aston Villa vs. Stoke City game is now showing up on FSPHD.

Of course it's also saying I'm not subscribed to the channel any more either. I'll try to do a reset on my receiver and see if it clears up.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top