DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Know Nothing
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Trade Commission is suing Dish Network Corp, accusing the satellite television provider of violating telemarketing rules by calling millions of customers who had asked not to be contacted by the company.

In a filing in an Illinois district court, the FTC alleges that since 2007 Dish has called millions of people in Illinois and other states to market its TV services, even after the consumers had asked the company not to contact them.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/sns-rt-us-dish-ftcbre87m0x2-20120823,0,6043047.story

There are previous similar threads, but this is a new case.

· Godfather
359 Posts
LOL-I wish the FTC would go after "Rachel at card services" and shut her down...that chick seems to be calling me 4 or 5 times a day from a wide assortment of phone numbers (which all seem to be somehow faking out my caller ID)

· Godfather
711 Posts
Pulleeeeezzzz! The FTC and sorry excuse of an agency, Do Not Call List, need to go after the many illegal caller we get a day. I have all 25 slots on the telcos blocked list filled and bought a phone system that has its own call blocking features, which is filling fast. When I Google a number to see if there is any info on it, most of the comments include responses as to why the Do Not Call list is not working. AND 99% of the time there is no descriptive ID just a number.

Physician heal thyself!!!

· Legend
444 Posts
I don't know if this is a solution, but in over a year I have had a Google Voice number, I have never gotten a spam call at that number. Lots of calls on my land line and cell phone numbers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.