DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Legend
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if they will have full coverage or smaller areas like YouTubeTV did before they dropped them. It would be nice to have another option other than DirecTV Stream.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,462 Posts
It would be nice to have another option other than DirecTV Stream.
Fubo is a pretty good service if you like all manner of sports but it is getting to be expensive (as many streaming services are). Back when it was $50, I was thinking seriously about it but now that prices start at $70, it is harder to swing.

26,462 Posts
Still cheaper than cable & satellite. I pay just over $100 a month, but that includes several channels of HBO and HBO Max.
While the channels were there, the audio wasn't great the last time I tried it. Many channels were 2.0 where they should have been 5.1. Things have changed but I wonder about that (especially as related to the movie plexes).

Fubo does seem to offer a better-than-average selection of 4K though.

· Godfather
405 Posts
Fubo is great, but they are missing TBS, TNT, CNN and the A&E channels. This will be a problem during hockey playoffs (TNT has the Stanley Cup Final) and basketball (TBS has March Madness, TNT has March Madness and NBA, Tru has March Madness).

· Registered
2,333 Posts
Fubo TV still hasn't turned a profit and they don't have the backing of a big established business like its competitors. Maybe adding the Bally RSNs will help them but, for now anyway, I'm still sticking by my prediction that Fubo TV will go the way of PS Vue and shut down by late '23 or early '24.

26,462 Posts
Fubo TV still hasn't turned a profit and they don't have the backing of a big established business like its competitors. Maybe adding the Bally RSNs will help them but, for now anyway, I'm still sticking by my prediction that Fubo TV will go the way of PS Vue and shut down by late '23 or early '24.
I'm guessing that Fubo's pricing is realistic as compared with some of the other services. That's how they'll stay alive versus Disney and Apple that are over-spending on content to the tune of $1.5 billion per year.

· Registered
2,333 Posts
I'm guessing that Fubo's pricing is realistic as compared with some of the other services. That's how they'll stay alive versus Disney and Apple that are over-spending on content to the tune of $1.5 billion per year.
I'm not sure how realistic Fubo's pricing is if they're still losing money on each customer. About a year ago, they said that they'd reach profitability through their own in-app betting platform, plus increased ad revenue thanks to targeted ads. But now they've already given up on the betting thing (which I knew wouldn't work). I like to root for the underdog as much as the next guy but I have a hard time seeing how they survive long-term.

26,462 Posts
I'm not sure how realistic Fubo's pricing is if they're still losing money on each customer.
That is likely to change as DIRECTV's sports profile changes.

Disney owns a pretty substantial stake in Fubo's parent company.

· Hall Of Fame
2,584 Posts
How absolutely hilarious is the statement "unlimited screens" on Fubu? What part of 10 screens is unlimited?

I'm with DirecTV Stream and figure I'll probably just stay there. One other sports channel missing would be the Spectrum Sports LA (Dodgers/Lakers). They aren't showing Bally channels for me yet...

Unlimited Screens
10 at home
Normally $9.99/mo
Get all the screens you need. Watch on up to 10 devices at once on your home internet connection, plus two on the go. Add Family Share for an extra screen on the go.

· Registered
197 Posts
Disney does not own any part of FuboTV. They are a publicly traded company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does anyone know how to use Google?

FaceBank Group, which owns fuboTV, filed several disclosures Monday with the SEC, including one that revealed Disney had purchased more than 6.6 million shares of common stock. Mediagazer estimates the transaction gives Disney approximately 17% ownership of FaceBank and fuboTV.

26,462 Posts
They are a publicly traded company.
Facebank (a really big company) and Fubo (a relatively small company) merged and that combination is called fuboTV Inc (FUBO). The fuboTV streaming service appears to be an operating unit of fuboTV Inc. Disney came by their fuboTV holdings as a result of their purchase of 21st Century Fox.

Comcast used to hold a pretty big interest in FUBO (>1.3 million shares) as well but they've significantly divested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts