DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been able to find much information regarding Dish Network and the Funimation channel. How would I be able to find if there are plans for this to be added to either Dish Network's HD lineup or VOOM's package?

The Dish Network site has current programming but not really information on what is in the works. Funimation simply asks that people contact their cable provider if they want the channel.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
The Funimation website says you can view it nightly from 10PM-midnight on Colours.

If this is correct, it is on Dish for a couple of hours per night.

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Outstanding! Thanks for the tip on Colours. I don't think I've ever actually watched that channel but that's what a PVR is for... Much appreciated.

Edit: I just checked the guide and at least for tonight, there is actually a fairly big block. Paulman, looks like your tip of hitting the website again will bear some fruit. If nothing else, I won't have to set the box to record everything if I can get a look the Funimation lineup and compare that to what seems to be a normal block of programming on Colours.

Thanks again guys.

·
Hall Of Fame
21,331 Posts
http://www.quote.com/qc/news/story.aspx?story=63006499
Navarre's FUNimation Entertainment Announces the Launch of the FUNimation Channel in Seattle

FUNimation Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Navarre Corporation (NASDAQ:NAVR) and the market share leader for home video sales of Japanese animation in the United States, announced today that the FUNimation Channel is now live in Seattle and surrounding area. Available via digital broadcast on KHCV TV-45 Seattle Digital Channel 44-3, the FUNimation Channel will provide 24-hour digital programming of top anime series in the United States to over one million households in the Seattle area.....

The FUNimation Channel is a 24-hour, digital channel programmed with top- rated anime series from Japan brought to the United States by FUNimation Entertainment. The channel is currently available to viewers nationwide as part of the CoLours TV Network, which is part of DISH Network's basic package
More....

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
Richard King said:
http://www.quote.com/qc/news/story.aspx?story=63006499
Navarre's FUNimation Entertainment Announces the Launch of the FUNimation Channel in Seattle

More....
This channel used to be the 24 hr a day rebroadcast of shop at home. Looks like they have had to expand to include programming that ppl really want to watch. It's now an Azteca Net channel which is a Hispanic channel. Also with them adding Funimation then it is going for a new audience as well. Finally they are using the air waves for something worth the electricity that they are burning up.

·
Godfather
296 Posts
KSCI has a DT subchannel also with 24/7 of this channel. (the DT subchannel is not currently a must-carry for Dish).

We also have a channel with MTV tres (must-carry for Dish). Interesting new options to get those channels out there.

Thanks,
Rasheed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.