DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Icon
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am watching HD... channels in the 70-80 range (mpeg2 right?).. if I use 1080i crop to get rid of borders.. every time I push a button (even play which does nothing but show time remaining) it seems to switch in and out of stretch mode... picture shrinks and grows with every press.. really a mess. Only now with the latest update.

Doesn't seem to happen with locals.. (Mpeg4)

·
DBSTalk Club Member
68 Posts
I'm having the same problem with 720p crop as well.

·
AllStar
72 Posts
jarredduq said:
I'm having the same problem with 720p crop as well.
Same here.

Doesn't look like stretch and crop to me. Looks like crop and zoomed in crop (which isn't even an option with this unit). Crop is fine, when it zooms in it cuts people's heads off and is zoomed so far that the channel watermark usually isn't visible anymore.

It's annoying. Sometimes pressing play toggles it between the two, but it usually jumps back to the crazy super zoom. I've been watching SD in pillar since this started happening.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,669 Posts
AlexCF said:
Same here.

Doesn't look like stretch and crop to me. Looks like crop and zoomed in crop (which isn't even an option with this unit). Crop is fine, when it zooms in it cuts people's heads off and is zoomed so far that the channel watermark usually isn't visible anymore.

It's annoying. Sometimes pressing play toggles it between the two, but it usually jumps back to the crazy super zoom. I've been watching SD in pillar since this started happening.
I've had this with Battlestar Galactica and Dr. Who on SciFi (480). It starts OK, but after the first trick play, off it goes. I end up watching in Pillar Box instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.