DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During commercials during any programming right when it skips to the next commercial my speakers pop, however, my speakers on my tv are fine. This only happens on FX HD from what I can tell. It's not every commercial and happens at random, but it is very annoying. Also I can rewind my programming on my DVR, press play, and here the pop noise in the same place. So I know it's not my speakers, but a problem with the sound. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
AllStar
84 Posts
andunn27 said:
During commercials during any programming right when it skips to the next commercial my speakers pop, however, my speakers on my tv are fine. This only happens on FX HD from what I can tell. It's not every commercial and happens at random, but it is very annoying. Also I can rewind my programming on my DVR, press play, and here the pop noise in the same place. So I know it's not my speakers, but a problem with the sound. Has anyone else experienced this?
I've noticed the same on Spike HD.

·
Legend
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
johnson1995 said:
I've noticed the same on Spike HD.
I just turned my tv to Spike HD as well. It is doing the same thing.... :eek2: The SD feed does not do it. Again I can rewind my tv and play and hear the pop noise. So there is something wrong with the sound signal on at least the 2 HD channels.

·
AllStar
84 Posts
andunn27 said:
I just turned my tv to Spike HD as well. It is doing the same thing.... :eek2: The SD feed does not do it. Again I can rewind my tv and play and hear the pop noise. So there is something wrong with the sound signal on at least the 2 HD channels.
I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't interrupt the show and that's what counts.

·
Legend
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know how this popping noise sounds with surround sound hooked up? I plan on hooking mine up tomorrow and I would find it very annoying hearing this noise come from every single speaker.

·
Icon
979 Posts
andunn27 said:
So what causes the noise?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that it has something to do with the network switching in and out of Dolby Digital. I've noticed it when listening to the receiver, but not on the TV, since the TV just passes the PCM audio from the HDMI input.

Some channels like my local NBC affiliate are in DD all the time, even for commercials and SD content. Some channels like Discovery and Spike go to DD for certain programs, and drop back to PCM for others, which flips the receiver back to Dolby Pro Logic II mode or whatever you have it set to.

Check the receiver and see if the pops happen as the DD kicks in and out. Most of the time my receiver mutes briefly when the audio switches out, but sometimes the pop slips through. I guess missing a few milliseconds of audio is better than getting a nasty jolt!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.