DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From You NEWB:

G4 gets absorbed by E!
Looks like G4 will be taking another giant leap away from their target audience. Most likely due to G4 complete inability to capture and retain audiences, the G4 network is being overtaken and absorbed by fashion borg E! Entertainment. E! and Style Chief Ted Harbert will be CEO of the Comcast Entertainment Group but will continue to get Jeff Shell's
FULL ARTICLE HERE

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
I guess G4 couldn't pull enough of those millions of mesmerized gamers away from their controllers.

·
Godfather
346 Posts
They do have the remastered Star Trek, but the way they show the episodes with junk around the screen (including a chat at bottom), I can't imagine many people watch. Hopefully they don't do the same thing with the unedited episodes shown on Saturday.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Whatever happened to Leo Laporte and Kate Botello?
Most of the former ZDTV staff are doing their own thing, but they produce many podcasts. Leo puts out something like 10 podcasts a week, Dvorak is featured on one of them, Pat does a few, Jim Lauderback does 'What's New Now' which is a take off from his old TV show 'Fresh Gear'. ZDTV News hottie Erica Hill has been on CNN Healdline for a few years now.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
Actually, TWiT, This Week in Technology, is what Leo's been up to, while Patrick Norton and Robert Heron are doing twice weekly webcasts @ DLTV. Jim Lauderbach was on the last show on a segment about cabling your TV. Roger Chang is the producer, I believe. Patrick is also involved with Cranky Geeks with John C. Dvorak. So, the ZD/TechTV crew is out there, but their in web-/podcast format. I'm fine with that.

Nice going Comcast. You took a serviceable channel which never would have had monster ratings, but it did have a loyal audience, and ran it into the ground. Freakin' brilliant.

·
Legend
212 Posts
jpurkey said:
They do have the remastered Star Trek, but the way they show the episodes with junk around the screen (including a chat at bottom), I can't imagine many people watch. Hopefully they don't do the same thing with the unedited episodes shown on Saturday.
I think that's Star Trek 2.0 (or something). There's a trivia scroll at the top of the screen that's sometimes interesting, but you're right, the rest of the clutter on the screen makes it almost unwatchable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.