DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word if this station is coming to DirecTV?

Sounds kinda cool... hell, why not? I mean there's a ton of other specialty stations, why not one on video gaming?

Though, how much diffrent type of programing could there be? ;)

I've included the link if you'd like to be a part of their petitions...

http://www.g4media.com/swf/index.asp

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
you do realize COMCAST owns this channel.
Why should DIRECTV support COMCAST's launch of G4?
It takes about 40 million homes for a cable channel to be profitable.

Its better DirecTV doesnt participate in helping one of Comcast's channels become profitable, if Comcast wont sell CCSN and CN8 to prevent DirecTV and competitors profitable in the Philadelphia region. I wasnt happy Echostar decided to carry E! Style, but it probably doesnt make much difference. I'd rather a network like GoodLife or the extra HBOs be available but both providers have opted not to pay the amount or cost.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any word if this station is coming to DirecTV?

Sounds kinda cool... hell, why not? I mean there's a ton of other specialty stations, why not one on video gaming?

Though, how much diffrent type of programing could there be? ;)

I've included the link if you'd like to be a part of their petitions...

http://www.g4media.com/swf/index.asp
Dish has it.

·
Godfather
360 Posts
Is it just my computer or is this whole tread nothing but guest posts?

·
305 Posts
G4 is one channel the cable industry -- in particular, Comcast -- does not want made available to minidish or big-dish satellite subscribers. Comcast has ownership in G4 (I'm not sure if it's partial or whole), so I would just write it off.

·
Icon
731 Posts
DS0816 said:
G4 is one channel the cable industry -- in particular, Comcast -- does not want made available to minidish or big-dish satellite subscribers. Comcast has ownership in G4 (I'm not sure if it's partial or whole), so I would just write it off.
Actually, the web site says you can petition Dish / DirecTV to add this channel, so Comcast is apparently willing to sell this one. But unless they agree to sell CSN/Philly as well, then f' em.

·
Legend/Supporter
189 Posts
Typical Big Money Companies Dont Do Whats Best For All That Are Concerned Ie. Cust. And Work Together To Make It Better They Will Just Bicker B#[email protected] And Complain Against Each Other And Drive Costs Higher For Programming

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.