DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a goal by Larionov!!!! He's 41 1/2 years old...that's the first thing that came to my mind after the game.....:eek:

There must be some magical barrier about the 15th minute of triple overtime in the Stanley cup finals. Three games have ended near there...none have gone farther.

Holy COW what a game! :eek:

There's no way that anyone out of the 19,000 in the RE&S Arena cannot count themselves as hockey fans after this one. If anyone isin't...then it's not fair, and I should have had their ticket.

Hats off to the savvy Wings and the gutsy Hurricanes. I hope this goes all 7 games. :)

·
Icon
715 Posts
I'm hoping the Hurricanes win it even though Duchesne and Robitaille are on the Wings now.

I watched the whole game last night which if it doesn't involve the Kings then that's pretty good for me even with a backhaul feed. :) How many of the Aunt Bea things made it on the network feed? Barry was signing Aunt Bea-lieve things all night.

Did the pictures make it on the network feed where Al was talking at the beginning of the game and you saw the ESPN people taking down the ESPN set and making it a ABC set? They take out those wooden looking things that read ESPN and put it ones that read ABC. That was on the backhaul for about 5-10 seconds at 5:00pm PT last night. There was even a lady walking around the set with a KCAL shirt on yesterday. There were also these 2 fans standing by Steve Levy before the game with Opie and Aunt Bea masks on with a go fishing sign and this octopus on the end of the fishing line. That was my favorite fan participation of the night. It's always exciting to see Al go into extra OT sessions. You never know what he's going to say.

As for the game, it was great. I could of used a few more replays of the tying goal in the 3rd period where the goalie was arguing about something. Luc isn't playing well. Wings I think have too many players so to speak. I think they will win in 6 games. I thought the story where Brett Hull doesn't talk to Husek about that '94 goal was interesting.

·
Icon
715 Posts
Yep! Tonight cinched it for the Wings! Game 5 is in Detroit! Octopus galore I think on Thursday night. Lakers over on Wednesday (YEAH!!), Wings over on Thursday. Golf like you said this weekend. Baseball in full swing. Angels near the top which is a miracle (but it's before the all-star break though) & NFL training camp opens up in about 4-5 weeks in July.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.