DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Legend
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AU and ULM play Saturday at 6pm. I am in the ALABAMA market where the game is being offered on PPV. It is NOT available on a local channel such as Raycom/JP.

What is the likely hood that the game will be blacked-out on channel 288 as it is being shown in my guide?

Does GAMEPLAN target out of market subscribers who can't get PPV or does it target those that simply want more than 2 or 3 PPV game a season.

I order game plan but if this game and others local colleges are blacked-out in my region because of PPV then it become not worth it and I need to cancel.

· Icon
868 Posts
Well D* blacks out the OSN Oregon Duck games on Gameplan for me in Oregon because their games are only on Comcast Sportsnet Northwest which I couldn't get even if I wanted to because Comcast isn't available in my area. So there is no possible way for me to see the game. I feel your pain.

· Icon
715 Posts
This seems to be new this year -- people in-state getting a game blacked out to be forced to pay through the nose for it while others, who paid the same amount for the Gameplan package, get it. There seems to be a lot of that this week.

That stinks for those affected. Guess nothing should surprise me in pursuit of the almighty dollar any more.

· Godfather
640 Posts
ziggy29 said:
This seems to be new this year -- people in-state getting a game blacked out to be forced to pay through the nose for it while others, who paid the same amount for the Gameplan package, get it. There seems to be a lot of that this week.

That stinks for those affected. Guess nothing should surprise me in pursuit of the almighty dollar any more.
It's not new this year. It has been that way for some time. DirecTv can only show the games they are authorized for in a given area.

· Legend
248 Posts
ziggy29 said:
That has always been true. My point is that more and more games are not "authorized" because of PPV.
1. It has provided schools the ability to develop their own sports network.
2. It provides games to ESPN Gameplan that provide revenue to the school.
3. It has allowed fans of a school to see the games out of network through ESPN.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.