DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Godfather
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having D* installed soon, like a week or so. Now Im pondering whether or not to go buy the 3rd LNB and have it put on now or no. I dont have HDTV so it wouldnt help me now, but E* has alot of there programing at that slot and when the merger is approved I dont want to have to wait like 6 weeks for them to send the 3rd LNB and hten another week or so to have it put on. When the merger is approved I dont want to have to wait to get the new channels and such so I figure with the 3rd LNB I should be set. But I cant put it on later myself because the house is 2 stories up in front and 3 in back and no one in the house is agil enough to go up on the roof to do this. So what do you think?

· Legend
220 Posts
Here is the problem, the "Sat C" Lnb DTV uses is a non-standard one. Since DTV only has 3 transponers on 110, and 11 on 119 what the do is frequency shift the 110 LNB to move those transponders (28,30,31 IIRC) to lower tranponders frequencies (5,7,8 IIRC).

This makes the Ird actually see 110 as not an additional satelite, but simply 3 additional transponers of 119.

So chances are likely that all those "Sat C" lnbs will be landfill when the merger goes through. My advice is not to worry about it, unless you plan to have Dish too, I have my DTV plus dish setup for 101 and 119 on DTV and 119 and 110 for dish.

· Godfather
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK I'm so glad I aksed before running out and spending 20 bucks on it. Would I be able to take a regular dual LNB and put it in there or is it a speacial LNB for Sat C?

G

·
For DirecTV it is a special LNBF, for DISH Network it is a standard dual LNBF. I use a plus dish to get 101 for DirecTV and then use the 110 & 119 locations on that plus dish to get DISH Network.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.