DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Godfather
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read on here and seen a few videos showing what switches to get and which ones not to get.

I'll have a normal Def DVR and a HR20 hooked up on friday and last time i tried this in sept i got so frustrated i flipped and told D* to fly, went to time warner.

I'm back but wanna cover my bases cuz these installers in the ny/nj area are morons! I'm fully expecting to not have my HD channels working this week (which is ok for now, i have a full free month of cable and D* thru dec/jan just from so many problems with both) so that is my window to get it all fixed up.

Any other tips would be great, i read thru the PDF showing the tips but once i get it installed it will make much more sense.

Funny thing is i joined just to get espn2 hd, when they hooked up my dish in september? Guess what channel i didn'tget, ESPN2HD!! Ridiculous, i'm just crossing my fingers i get some random dish savant.

Anyways, just wondering about the switch too, thanks to all

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
Your installer should provide the Zinwell WB68 eight-output multiswitch for your new 5-LNB dish. Although with only two DVRs (four tuners), you could connect them directly to the Dish and not use a multiswitch. But it's nice to get a multiswitch installed in a convenient location for future expansion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.