DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
AllStar
95 Posts
Call them up. Regular CSRs appear to be able to offer them for $150 if you complain a little. Retention, as always, is able to offer even better deals. I was able to get 2 of them for a total of $100 including tax and shipping.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
I'd go for it. If you're a TiVo fan, you'll probably like what they've done with the THR22.

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dang, no deals. They wanted $199 for the receiver and $49 for the install. And, I'm not about to push retention just yet. I just don't have $250 at the moment.

Funny part, they mention that they have the THR22 for own... for $499.

·
2 Posts
Mark Holtz said:
Dang, no deals. They wanted $199 for the receiver and $49 for the install. And, I'm not about to push retention just yet. I just don't have $250 at the moment.

Funny part, they mention that they have the THR22 for own... for $499.
Hi-

If you don't mind I was curious why you're reticent to push the retention department. Is there a down side, or do you just not want the hassle? My HR10 is my my only tuner. I've been suffering a long time waiting for HD and I plan to push for what I can get. In fact, I don't live in one of the initial markets, but I'm going to try my luck getting one anyway.

Thanks

·
Mentor
39 Posts
I called DirecTV customer service and asked about adding DirecTivo to my account.

Sure enought - I was told that it is available in my area (Washington, DC) and that it would cost me $100 plus shipping and handling.

I told them I will get it if they waive the shipping form me. The lady was nice and she went ahead and placed an order for me for just $100.

I could have probably negotiated a better price or simply gotten it for free through retention - but I decided not to bother.

Interestingly enought - the next day - as soon as I arrived from work - the coveted box was waiting for me..

I connected it to my OTA AM21 tuner for local-in-local broadcasts. I also had a spare DECA unit available - so used it to connect my DirecTivo to the Internet (I have a Swim 16 - DirecTV Whole Home setup already in place).

I could not resist the temptation - and upgraded the internal hard-drive to 2TB. It has been 2 weeks - really happy with the unit..

I get DirecTV-on-Demand. And I can't wait to download and try the Tivo Desktop software.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.