DBSTalk Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I quit smokeing 2 days ago. I hope i wont have to replace and clean evreything in my house

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Hall Of Fame
3,243 Posts
We've been a non-smoking household for at least fifty years. Virtually all of our friends who smoked have now passed away.

·
Premium Member
36,628 Posts
We've been a non-smoking household for at least fifty years. Virtually all of our friends who smoked have now passed away.
Cigarettes killed both of my parents. My mother was reaching for her ashtray when she died. The utter stupidity of smoking never ceases to amaze me and I was, once upon a time, a three-pack a day smoker.

Rich

·
Hall Of Fame
1,884 Posts
My step-granpa smoked and it killed my Grandma. She passed of lung cancer. It was a long time ago.
I bought a car from a smoker once. I had to get it detailed and supper cleaned to get rid of the smells. Hot days would be the worst.
I will never by anything used from a smoker. It's not worth the effort to clean.

·
Premium Member
36,628 Posts
My step-granpa smoked and it killed my Grandma. She passed of lung cancer. It was a long time ago.
I bought a car from a smoker once. I had to get it detailed and supper cleaned to get rid of the smells. Hot days would be the worst.
I will never by anything used from a smoker. It's not worth the effort to clean.
I went thru that when I bought a used Accord. It had a hard, yellow headliner and I thought the color was odd. Washed it and it was filthy and slimy. Turned out the headliner was white, the previous owner had smoked heavily in it and what I thought was paint was sludge, nicotine flavored sludge. Disgusting. I learned, I'll never do something like that again. I have bought a couple of HRs that stunk but I got them replaced quickly.

Rich

·
Hall Of Fame
1,884 Posts
I went thru that when I bought a used Accord. It had a hard, yellow headliner and I thought the color was odd. Washed it and it was filthy and slimy. Turned out the headliner was white, the previous owner had smoked heavily in it and what I thought was paint was sludge, nicotine flavored sludge. Disgusting. I learned, I'll never do something like that again. I have bought a couple of HRs that stunk but I got them replaced quickly.

Rich
UGH! Even after shampooing and detailing, a hot day would bring out odors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is the worst thing ever to smoke inside the house. I've been a smoker before and know that the smell doesn't go anywhere really

·
Legend
149 Posts
The only thing that I have found that actually works in removing the smell is an Ozone generator (amazon). I have a car from a heavy smoker (19 year old MB roadster) I put the Ozone generator in the sealed car for an hour at a time, I think I ran it 3 times (do not breathe in the ozone) , and it took care of the smell. On very hot days after if the car has been closed up tight, you can still get a whiff, but NOTHING like it was...

41 - 52 of 52 Posts