DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Godfather
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some info on DirecTV. I have a 18x24 dish with dual LNB. I need to get the Hartford locals so will I need the third LNB or no? How do you get a distant network. Like can I get ABC from LA or get the entire LA local package too? Can you get more than one local package? How good is the GAEBO receiver from Hughes? What receivers do you recommend? How good is the picture quality? What are some advantages of DirecTV over Digital Cable? Disadvantages? Can I hook up 5 TV's to the dish? I'm sorry that these are all just questions but I want to do my homework before switching.

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
To get the Hartford Channels you do not need the 3rd LNB, only LNB's at 101 and 119 are needed.

You can only get one locals package.

You can only hook up 4 TV's to the Oval Dish by default (The switch it comes with only has 4 outputs, if you want to hook up 5 TV's you will need a different switch.

As far as the rest of those questions I can't answer those for you.

Welcome to DBStalk! :hi:

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
If you are going to hook up 5 tv's to your dish, you will ned to get a 5X8 multi-switch. They can be found at any number of internet vendors (usually much cheaper than CC or BB). The one I bought my multi-switch is www.minidishes.tv

As far as receivers go, I have all RCA - 2 Ultimtetv PVRs and one standard receiver. I don't know much about Hughes equipment - sorry. The RCAs have all been great. The best feature with the RCAs is that when you are using the guide, the channel you are currently watching will be moved to a small window in the corner. I don't know if the Hughes do this.

Good luck. You'll love satellite over cable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.