DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the advent of the networking feature (music & photos) and internet connections, it would be very cool if in the future D* could offer some type of share of pics or email option on these boxes. For example, the Wii has the photo channel to upload you pics to message boards.

Would it be possible to implement something of this nature, emailing or posting with the HR20?

Of course, I would love to play the video files off my PC too. Hopefully that's coming soon.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I don't really see the point since the HR20 needs a computer to get the photos from in the first place. The Wii has a SD card slot to get pics from, but even the whole emailing photos feature from it seems kind of pointless to me. I've never used it on my Wii.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
PoitNarf said:
I don't really see the point since the HR20 needs a computer to get the photos from in the first place. The Wii has a SD card slot to get pics from, but even the whole emailing photos feature from it seems kind of pointless to me. I've never used it on my Wii.
I agree with you. Already have a PC and probably and email address. Not sure D* really want to maintain a email server. Sounds like a security issue as well.

Can't see this happening, but I was wrong once before!

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
If I had to have some fun guessing, I suspect that these features won't be in the HR20, but just might show up in a future Home Media Center (HMC) product, like one shown at CES in January.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Legend in his own mind...
324 Posts
PoitNarf said:
Think "send photos of the kids to mom's HR20 so she can see the new pictures on her TV without a computer"...

That's what I'm thinking is coming down the pike sometime...

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Meklos said:
Think "send photos of the kids to mom's HR20 so she can see the new pictures on her TV without a computer"...

That's what I'm thinking is coming down the pike sometime...
[SNARK]

I don't think I'm ready for the tech support issues attendant with sending my mom ANY DVR.

[/SNARK]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.