DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the America Everthing Pak which cost with tax almost $100 per month.
Would I be better off to suspend my account for 3 or months or just change the package to the Family pak for 19.95 and save $80.
I only have one SD receiver and no one will be using it while I am away.
Thanks to anyone who can advise me.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,180 Posts
You can suspend the service for the time you are away. If you lower your service, there is change for the reduction of service. There is a charge for resumption of service if you shut it off entirely. These fees are both waived if you temporarily suspend your service.

·
AllStar
89 Posts
You can suspend the service and pay only ~ $5/month account maintenance fee, or you can cancel it, then pay $20 restart fee when you get back. 4 months would be break point so you can go either way.

·
Godfather
256 Posts
euro_boy said:
You can suspend the service and pay only ~ $5/month account maintenance fee, or you can cancel it, then pay $20 restart fee when you get back. 4 months would be break point so you can go either way.
You're referring to Dish Pause and it's $10 a month, the restart fee is $25.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I think I will just switch to the family pak for $19.95 x 4 months is $80 plus the retart fee of $25 total $105 instead of 4 months at my everything pak at $400 saving about $300.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,180 Posts
foxtrot said:
Thanks everyone. I think I will just switch to the family pak for $19.95 x 4 months is $80 plus the retart fee of $25 total $105 instead of 4 months at my everything pak at $400 saving about $300.
There should be a onetime $5 charge for reduction of service.

·
AllStar
83 Posts
foxtrot said:
If you continue to have an active package like Family Pak, you should not have to pay a restart fee when you upgrade your package later, in fact, there is no charge to upgrade to a higher package (and you can upgrade online as well). The only fee is $5 to downgrade a package.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.