DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mentor
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaving to go on vacation on Saturday and was planning to set up all of my recordings while I'm gone.

My question is this: Everytime the wind blows (literally) I lose my signal (since the dish is pointed directly at a tree :mad: ) and when I lose the signal it used to cancel my recordings. I'm not sure if this still happens or not since the last update.

Anywhoo - If this problem hasn't been resolved is there anyway to prevent it? I don't want to miss a weeks worth of shows. ;)

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
This problem still exists in the latest software update. Only ways to prevent it for you right now are to tell Al Roker to use his weather machine to stop all wind or cut down the tree that blows in the way.

·
Godfather
420 Posts
From what I've experienced on NFL ST, any drop in the signal creates a canceled and deleted recording.

If you can, dual record your shows on another DVR if thats an option. Or maybe dust off the old VCR. :)

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
wakajawaka said:
From what I've experienced on NFL ST, any drop in the signal creates a canceled and deleted recording.

If you can, dual record your shows on another DVR if thats an option. Or maybe dust off the old VCR. :)
Or if the shows are repeated later in the week, schedule those to record as well.

·
Mentor
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! :lol:

I'd really like to get them out there to realign the dish. 6 inches to the right is perfectly clear sky. With wind and VERY heavy rain - the local channels are the only thing that I lose. And, unfortunately, locals and ESPN are about the only thing in my house that get watched! :grin:

·
Mentor
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wakajawaka said:

I have a VCR but I'm not sure that I know how to use it! :lol: I don't think I even have any VHS tapes! :eek2:

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
Call DIRECTV and tell them the installer screwed up and ask them to send out another installer to move the dish to a different location. It should never lose signal due to the wind blowing some treee branches around whether you have a DVR or not. Even if it didn't cancel the recording you don't want a recording full of broken up images every time the wind blows.

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
srwiltshire said:
Thanks Glenn - I'll probably do that once I get back. That's if I can get anymore time off!! :p
You now need a "DVR sitter", someone that will come by your house once a day and check on your recordings.., while they are doing that, they can also feed the cat!..

·
Icon
650 Posts
pdvale said:
You now need a "DVR sitter", someone that will come by your house once a day and check on your recordings.., while they are doing that, they can also feed the cat!..
I am volunteering to be the DVR sitter AND cut down the tree!!!!

·
AllStar
60 Posts
my dish has no obstructions but during times of really high winds like we had this past weekend I experience some signal interuption.

·
Mentor
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Garand762 said:
my dish has no obstructions but during times of really high winds like we had this past weekend I experience some signal interuption.
Is it just your locals or is it other stations too?

·
Icon
650 Posts
srwiltshire said:
That's a long trip to take down a tree and check on my DVR! :lol:
Well I figure you would be on vacation for about a week so I could just hang there. I'll even do the windows!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.