DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Legend
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks in advance

When 99c went active last Thurs my readings were in the 50's for the new SAT. D* came out and after I explained there was a new SAT they got the 99c readings to mid 80's. Now on all the new migrated [email protected] channels ESPN, TNT, HDN etc the picture is mainly pixalated or blank with grey screen on all those channels. Weather clear as a bell and 99c Transponders are still mid 80's. Called D* and they wanted to send a tech to realign dish. Explained that the signals are in mid 80,s so there should not be a problem

I have the same problem on all 4 DVR's, 700 series. I do get picture intermittantlt. Acting just like a low signal reading but as mentioned signals in mid 80's

They are having a problem team call me in the AM

Suggestions, thoughts

Thanks again
Michael

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
I am assuming you are looking at the chart of transponders to see the numbers on 99c. If you pick Signal Meter, that will give you more updates per minute on specific transponders. You may be getting signals that drop and go back to normal so you see the good numbers on the update.

I would welcome DirecTV to come out and see what is going on. Something is not right with your dish or your wiring.

(I assume you have the right multiswitch since you have 4 DVRs.)

· Legend
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any more thoughts?

Could a corrupted signal be getting to the boxes either because pf Sat LNB issues or multiswitch problems, yet still give good readings on the Signal Meter readings on all my DVR's

Thanx

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
tuckerdog said:
Thanks

That's what I am thinking. Maybe replace the old multiswitch with a new single line version
Michael
Try bypassing your multi-switch by connecting one of your receivers straight to two of the dish lines using a couple of double-female "barrel" adapters. If that fixes the problem, you need a new multi-switch. If not, you need a new LNB. If it's the multi-switch, I would recommend a self-powered Zinwell WB616, but you'll have to pay for it yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.