Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I posted my concerns in a previous thread
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=70044

Someone suggested sending e-mail to [email protected]. I did so, and got a serious-sounding response. But after several rounds of back and forth, I've come to the conclusion that the people who answer these e-mails have got a lot of boilerplate serious-sounding replies. I keep getting the exact same text paragraphs cut and pasted in different order and often in a non-sensical fashion.

For instance, my complaint was entirely about how I was treated and that it felt strongly that Dish didn't really care about me as a customer. The latest reply I got was

You are a "valued" customer! I don't want you to feel left as
we really appreciate your business! However, due to the promotion for
existing customers there is a price for the upgrade because of adding
more material/services to your installation. The promotion
qualifications are different from customer to customer in that regard.
Huh? Nothing in this e-mail thread has any relationship with promotions. It had everything to do with the major bug that affected hundreds of people regarding the timer wakeup, and being repeatedly lied to about the issue.

So I've given up on Dish. When you can't even be bothered to pay attention to what your customer is talking about, you really don't care. Here is my reply:

This latest response feels like boilerplate text, and doesn't address at all any of the issues I raised in my e-mail. No, the receiver is working fine now. But I have lost all faith that any future issue will be (a) handled promptly (b) that I'll be treated well when I report it (c) that Dish will tell me about a workaround instead of making me suffer and (d) that Dish really cares to solve the problem.

Nothing you have said in your latest replies addresses any of those issues.

I'll be going with DirecTV when I upgrade. Even though the 622 is clearly a better unit than the HD20. Because when my friends who have HD20s call in to report problems, they are treated well. They aren't insulted by the responses.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,518 Posts
I hope you have better luck with your new provider. I am staying with Dish for the forseeable future, but did switch back to the monthly payment plan in case something changes in the future - I really hate the policy that if you prepay for a year and cancel before year end, they won't issue a refund.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.