DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Icon
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Goodyear Blimp is flying around here, probably in anticipation of the NASCAR race at Michigan International Speedway this weekend.

And it just knocked out my signal!

First time that's ever happened... :lol:

· AllStar
72 Posts
I use to live right under the flight landing path to major airport. Every once in while, a landing plane would briefly interrupt my sat signal, even though the plane was still at 10,000 ft. The alignment had to be just perfect. And yes, we use to joke to ourselfs about "plane fade" ;-)

· Godfather
306 Posts
RTCDude said:
I use to live right under the flight landing path to major airport. Every once in while, a landing plane would briefly interrupt my sat signal, even though the plane was still at 10,000 ft. The alignment had to be just perfect. And yes, we use to joke to ourselfs about "plane fade" ;-)
I live right under the landing path of the Cleveland airport (altitude under 2,000'), but have never had them knock out my satellite signal. They do occupy part of the SW sky, but it must not be the right part. Must not However, I have noticed they have a tendency to interrupt my digital OTA signal. Weird.

· Godfather
483 Posts
RTCDude said:
I run into the same thing every once in a while... but its probably less than once a month that a plane comes in at the right angle for me to notice it.

· AllStar
56 Posts
The birds that circle my house knock out my signal all of the time.... :hurah:

That was sarcasm by the way....:dance07:

· Godfather
359 Posts
OK, rigging that satellite to fail a few months back made sense. But doesn't DirecTV know that hiring the Goodyear blimp to block Dish Network customers will undoubtedly affect DirecTV customers somewhere too?!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.