DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I didn't have to look to tell you lived somewhere in Metro Atlanta... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Could be worse... Pine Sap...

Mine is on a post at ground level... easy to keep clean and on those very rare occaissions snow and ice free... but with those magnificent trees, I doubt you could be much closer to the ground.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Mine's faded from the sun but otherwise, pretty clean.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mertzen said:
Of your poor wiring ? :lol:
I know, I should tidy it up, but it works fine. It's how the installer ran them in 2003.

Multiswitch is located just out of view at the porch roof level where the lines go off the porch roof and before they go up the house roof. Two other lines head down the wall from the switch to ground rod and then to the basement. 6 total (3 DVRs)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tell me about it.

My avatar makes it look worse, as the oak limbs/leaves you see above the dish are as viewed from the ground, not from the dish itself. (the avatar photo was taken when the sun was in the 101w position last October and directly behind the dish. I actually have pretty good LOS to 99/101/103. 110 (and 119) get into the distant oak tree you see peering above the roof line to the right of the dish.

See the attached photos which give you a rough idea of the dish's view of 101 and 101/110/119 (red dots). I used to have a nice gap for 119, and shot over for 110.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.