Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Legend
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my HR20 directly from DirecTV. It was a brand new
one in a sealed box.

Is the HDMI-to-HDMI cable included in the box or not?
Since I didn't find one in the box, I called DTV and asked
about it. The rep's short answer was "It depends..." blah,
blah, blah....

The cable is only a few bucks, so I went out and bought one...
but I felt somewhat cheated.... :D

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
BillyBob_jcv said:
There was one in the HR20 box I got from BestBuy.com, also a set of component cables.
hhhmmm....That's interesting. Mine came from D* and they didn't have the HDNI cables included. Just the cheap component.
The HR10's came w/ HDMI cables though. For 1000.00, that was the least they could do I guess.

·
Legend
224 Posts
D*'s HR20 video ( saved on my Tivo) plainly states that installer MUST provide HDMI cable if customer's TV has HDMI connection. This means he should have one on hand and go out to truck and get it.

Of course your installer will be clueless.They will use the component cables that come in box.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
ralphfurley said:
D*'s HR20 video ( saved on my Tivo) plainly states that installer MUST provide HDMI cable if customer's TV has HDMI connection. This means he should have one on hand and go out to truck and get it.

Of course your installer will be clueless.They will use the component cables that come in box.
I wouldn't say the installer would be clueless. I'm sure he will have a handful of butt connectors and he can fix you right up. Probably a pocket knife and black tape since he the left issued crimping tool at my house.

LOL

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
My first HR20 did not have an HDMI cable. The replacement had a sticker on the box that said "HDMI" and inside was an HDMI cable.

·
Godfather
394 Posts
lamontcranston said:
My first HR20 did not have an HDMI cable. The replacement had a sticker on the box that said "HDMI" and inside was an HDMI cable.
Ditto. Same exact thing happened to me.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
ralphfurley said:

Incorrect. The video says you must USE the best quality connection AVAILABLE. Nowhere does it state that the installer provides the cable.

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
RobertE said:
Incorrect. The video says you must USE the best quality connection AVAILABLE. Nowhere does it state that the installer provides the cable.
The video I have recorded says they must use the best available connection that the customer has on their tv and if that connection is HDMI you MUST supply the customer with an HDMI cable.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Yep, the installer provided an HDMI cable for me too.

·
Registered
32,456 Posts
While I got one with my 2 HR20's, some folks did not. I suspect it has to do with when they decided to include them in the box. That said, I wanted a higher-quality cable than their base offering anyway.

That said, you can get a high-quality HDMI cable from Monoprice.com for under $15.

Good luck.

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
lamontcranston said:
Same here, I got a replacement with the sticker and the cables. It seems they do include HDMI with some. If it has the sticker it has the cable. It still had the cheap Component cables as well.

·
Legend
181 Posts
I had a HR20 installed yesterday thru DirecTV and it came with both component and HDMI cables. The HDMI worked great no problems except for some OTA channel mapping problems.

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
Of course your installer will be clueless.They will use the component cables that come in box.[/QUOTE said:
The guy who installed mine used an S-Video cable. He also failed to use the B-trap filters. I threw him out and did it myself. Maybe that is why I have so many problems.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.