DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my system install last night. Two days after I bought it! When the tech turned everything on, we were receiving everything! The card was already activated. I didn't have to call D* for activation. This was on the Ultimate TV receiver. The BB sales rep had handed me the access card in the store. It might have been from a returned unit. I don't know. I guess I'll go ahead and call for activation today. I have to call to activate the UTV, anyway. The installer said that it had never happened to him before.

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Thats an odd one, but at least you didnt have to wait 48 hours or more for an access card, many receivers are now shipped without them and you need to activate your system before they will send you one.

Enjoy your new setup! After you play around with your Ultimate TV PVR you will wonder how you ever watched TV the old way. :D

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
Sounds like you got a used UTV receiver that never got a deauthorization signal from DirecTV.

If left alone, it will start to turn channels off, and after a few hours they'll all be turned off.

·
Legend
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True. They were turned off the next day. And it was an open box. The next day BOTH tuners stopped working. Took it back to BB and got a new one. No problems since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.