DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Icon
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had an entertainment system with Picture-In-Picture so I thought I'd give it a shot. 8 or 9 button presses just to activate? Talk about an afterthought in poor layout.

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions. Being I already had an installed SWiM LNB, it was simply disconnecting my HR20-100 and replacing it with the 1TB HR34. It works great with my HR24 with the 1.5TB external HD.

Attachments

·
Hall Of Fame
1,299 Posts
Afterthought is a good word for it. It's a nice feature and I too would probably use it more if they would have one, maybe two button presses to activate it.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
JACKIEGAGA said:
What kind of button pushes to get to PIP? I don't have a HR34-700 I thought it would be a one button push.
You press the Info button to bring up the channel banner. Then RIGHT several times to select the PIP entry on the Info bar menu (of course, it's the furthest right option). SELECT, then DOWN to get to whatever PIP option you want, then SELECT again.

(Going from memory - haven't used it personally since the end of football season :grin: )

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
JACKIEGAGA said:
What kind of button pushes to get to PIP? I don't have a HR34-700 I thought it would be a one button push.
Yellow (or info), Right 6 times, Select .... This turns it on with whichever PIP position you last used. I prefer Bottom Left.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
I use PIP for Mets games. Comes in handy with rain delays and blowouts.

Besides the button location, which is down right dumb on the HMC, I wish the HR34 PIP would work with remote recordings.

·
Dad
6,606 Posts
The number of button pushes has been a bit of a disappointment. I wanted it for sports but I've lost the channel I was trying to use from time to time.

Maybe someday Directv can improve upon this.

·
AllStar
92 Posts
NR4P said:
The number of button pushes has been a bit of a disappointment. I wanted it for sports but I've lost the channel I was trying to use from time to time.

Maybe someday Directv can improve upon this.
And maybe someday Direct can fix the HR34's broken VOD. They just seem to have a long way to go with this unit.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,299 Posts
As Drucifer said, we can not use PIP with remote recording and other then live sports I usually only watch recordings. So not very convenient, but you can have a local recording playing.

·
4 Posts
luckydob said:
Are we not all getting new remotes with fewer buttons....? They do not have any buttons left to use on the remote for a dedicated PIP button.
Sure they do... replace the 'Active' button (or allow for a setting on the box). I'm not sure how many of you use it but I've hit that button MANY times when it's dark and I just miss and I find it incredibly useless and annoying. I would prefer to just disable it or use it for something useful.

·
Icon
1,549 Posts
mikkeee said:
Sure they do... replace the 'Active' button (or allow for a setting on the box). I'm not sure how many of you use it but I've hit that button MANY times when it's dark and I just miss and I find it incredibly useless and annoying. I would prefer to just disable it or use it for something useful.
+1

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.