DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
6 Posts
tcusta00 said:
Nope, just one factor: state laws.
Or lack of state laws. I signed up with D* last year and tried to cancel out after two days due to bad info. Retention informed me AZ has no specific laws on this and D* had set up grace period to expire in AZ 24 hrs. after service start.

I was never able to find anything in writing.

·
6 Posts
litzdog911 said:
DirecTV's policy is three days.
When I talked to Retention they stated (AZ only) , grace period was originally 3 days but policy was later changed to 1 day by D*.

Don't mean to belabor this too much , but if you know of anything in writing that pertains I'd appreciate a PM.

Thanks

·
RIP
6,198 Posts
Contact your state department of Consumer Protection or Attoney General's office. Some states force companies like DirecTV to give customers a right of rescission...others don't. If your state doesn't offer anything it's unlikely that DirecTV will...there's nothing in their agreements that indicates any sort of trial period.

Here's a starting point for you: http://www.azag.gov/consumer/

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Shades228 said:
What are all the factors in the law then? You make it seem like just being in the state makes it happen. It doesn't.
The law is the one factor that will force DirecTV to change it from 24 hours (or three days, depending on who you believe) up to 15 days, as I stated in post 2.

You state that there are "many other factors" that will change it from one up to 15 days. What are the many other factors?

·
DaBears
6,085 Posts
tcusta00 said:
The law is the one factor that will force DirecTV to change it from 24 hours (or three days, depending on who you believe) up to 15 days, as I stated in post 2.

You state that there are "many other factors" that will change it from one up to 15 days. What are the many other factors?
Time of order and activation are different things. 15 days is from the time of order not the day of activation. Who you order it through impacts it as well.

·
Icon
642 Posts
I do believe if you order through a 3rd party (ie Phone Company, Costco, etc) it is 24 hour rule, if you order through D* it is 3 days. There are some state ramifications but I don't know how state rules affect what is called right of refusal. What is the reason some of you want to cancel? Just curious.

·
Large Member
4,867 Posts
It's 24hrs (unless overridden by state law) and they will fight you tooth and nail even on that. It was 3 days before that. Rights of Rescission even when it does exist in a specific state doesn't necessarily apply to everything anyway, only what is specificed.
tcusta00 said:
I believe it's 3 days. Your state laws may vary.

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
tcusta00 said:
I did say "Your state laws may vary."

Sheesh, I'm sorry I try to help people around here. It feels like every time I do lately people split hairs and try to "catch" you doing or saying something wrong. :nono2:
:feelbette

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
tcusta00 said:
I did say "Your state laws may vary."

Sheesh, I'm sorry I try to help people around here. It feels like every time I do lately people split hairs and try to "catch" you doing or saying something wrong. :nono2:
Welcome to the world of public online forums....

Everyone knows better than everyone else

:nono: :eek2: :nono:

·
6 Posts
Ken S said:
Contact your state department of Consumer Protection or Attoney General's office. Some states force companies like DirecTV to give customers a right of rescission...others don't. If your state doesn't offer anything it's unlikely that DirecTV will...there's nothing in their agreements that indicates any sort of trial period.

Here's a starting point for you: http://www.azag.gov/consumer/
Thanks for the address. If I get some accurate info I'll post it.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Yes splitting hairs is BS- If you order something and it takes 15 to 30 days to have it installed, You have NOT entered into a contract untill the service is activated.

That being said, In VA you have 72 Hours or three days to cancel. The service here is Satelite Service which can not be judged by the consumer until it is activated and viewed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.