Old Guys Rule!
5,053 Posts
Expendables 3 Unrated version. Definitely an A

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Guardians of the Galaxy, vol.II
Typical Marvel flick. I give it a C.
I think the Guardians franchise is different from the other Marvel ones in that you don't have to remember 800 details from past movies to enjoy it. I have given up on the main Marvel franchise of Avengers, Thor, Ironman, Spiderman, CA. They should have just called them Marvel 1,2,3,4,5.........

Finally got to see The Last Jedi. While definitely not the top of the SW franchise, it easily beats Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. I'll give it a B.

Just ordered a new 4K projector. Hoping I can find Dunkirk in 4K somewhere.

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
I think the Guardians franchise is different from the other Marvel ones in that you don't have to remember 800 details from past movies to enjoy it. I have given up on the main Marvel franchise of Avengers, Thor, Ironman, Spiderman, CA. They should have just called them Marvel 1,2,3,4,5.........

Finally got to see The Last Jedi. While definitely not the top of the SW franchise, it easily beats Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. I'll give it a B.

Just ordered a new 4K projector. Hoping I can find Dunkirk in 4K somewhere.
Saw Dunkirk, was disappointed at first, but it got better. One of those movies that needs time to set everything up, the cast, the story. Once I figured out what everyone was doing I enjoyed it. Yet another thing that needs patience.

Rich

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
Photograph White Product Blue Vision care
Watched this on HBO last night. Glad I didn't purchase this one. 115 minutes of senseless violence with petite Charlize Theron killing and kicking the sh*t out of a host of male thugs three times her size. Political Correctness at it's worse.

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
View attachment 29227 Watched this on HBO last night. Glad I didn't purchase this one. 115 minutes of senseless violence with petite Charlize Theron killing and kicking the sh*t out of a host of male thugs three times her size. Political Correctness at it's worse.
Sorry I watched it.

Rich

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
Photograph Product Nature Plant Happy
Enjoyed watching this last night. Very entertaining story about youth, falling in love and enjoying the simple things in life. A most welcome change of pace from the endless parade of senseless violence Hollywood usually produces. I give it a B+.

·
Legend
612 Posts
another remake of a movie. This one is set in the Wild West where this mining tycoon tries to take over a small town and he shoots the female leads husband she hires a federal bounty hunter (Washington). He recruits 6 other people and they fight to retake the town. Best part was you could tell the cast had a good time with each other because whether it was the story or way it was filmed it was only ok. I give it 7/10

·
Hall Of Fame
6,099 Posts
View attachment 29227 Watched this on HBO last night. Glad I didn't purchase this one. 115 minutes of senseless violence with petite Charlize Theron killing and kicking the sh*t out of a host of male thugs three times her size. Political Correctness at it's worse.
Yeah, and for all that mayhem it still managed to be boring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Lost In Translation (2013) Bill Murray, Scarlett Johansson, Giovanni Ribisi

First watched this movie some years ago but I got lost (bored) somewhere in the middle and couldn't finish it. Tried watching it again last night and even with the ever-scrumptuous Miss Johansson, the same result. At this rate, I may never know if it gets any better or how it ends.

For me, Lost In Translation gets a D.

·
AllStar
1,410 Posts
Lost In Translation (2013) Bill Murray, Scarlett Johansson, Giovanni Ribisi

First watched this movie some years ago but I got lost (bored) somewhere in the middle and couldn't finish it. Tried watching it again last night and even with the ever-scrumptuous Miss Johansson, the same result. At this rate, I may never know if it gets any better or how it ends.

For me, Lost In Translation gets a D.
Murray seems to have done a couple of films that are like watching paint dry. I never made it through Translation, either.

Last movie I saw was Wonder Woman. I'd give it about a B-.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.