DBSTalk Forum banner

Grade the LAST movie you saw

5K views 66 replies 21 participants last post by  MysteryMan 
#1 ·
FIRST BLOOD - A+

#17 ·
Went to the movies during my business trip a few days ago. Saw GEOSTORM in Dolby.
A+ for the Dolby, C- for the movie.

#20 ·
I have to say I do admire your passion for VHS. I say whatever makes you happy. :)

I can't remember the last time I watched a VHS, although I do have a few of them still around here, mostly family stuff, and one VCR left, but its not even plugged in.

I'm curious to know what your VHS collections looks like and which VCR's you have?

#21 ·
Well I Mostly have movies from the 80s and earlier but I do have some newer ones... My newest movie is SAW II (2005) - They did an excellent job on SAW/SAW II on VHS .. FULL SCREEN,SP MODE.... 100% ANALOGUE AUDIO (@ least on the linear track) .. IT COULDNT BE BETTER!!!

And the copy of SPEED I found is goregous.. Most of them are darker/contrasted down on the tape,looks horrible..... I think this one copy might be a WORK PRINT copy as there is NO HIFI TRACK and at the end of the movie it goes to a blue screen and ya see two arrows pointing back as they are rewinding the master tape..... The video on this one IS GOREGEOUS,not dark,etc.......

I often get DUPLICATES of movies as Im trying to get a better copy..

Thanx for asking buddy :)

#22 ·
Went out to Firestone, CO to spend Thanksgiving with some of the grandkids. We took them to see Thor. I will give it an A. A very enjoyable movie, great humor, some teary moments (I guess), lots of action, and a serious couple of baddies.

#28 ·
Does this plot sound familiar? Criminals demands a ransom, and has planted a bomb on a fully-booked bullet train. Should that train drop below 80 kph, the bomb goes BOOM! To demonstrate this point, a bomb goes off on a freight train. And, there is only a limited amount of time before there is no track left.

That's the plot of 1975's Shinkansen daibakuha, better known as The Bullet Train. I saw it back in the 80s on television where it was dubbed and a chunk was edited out. This is the uncut version, but it is also only subtitled.

#30 ·
Plenty to dislike about a lot of flicks, especially these days. There's a whole world full of "critically acclaimed" stinkers out there.

While hate is a rather strong word, personally I was entertained by Kong (but then again, I can find a lot of so-called "schlock" to be entertaining as well).

To each their own, I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.