DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Godfather
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told when I called DirecTV about my bill, that the Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo area will be able to get local channels in Mid-July (they hope).

The lady at DirecTV I talked to said that the channels will be on the 119 SAT. Which I *think* 119 has the Spanish channels on it right? Because when I moved that's the SAT I was picking up when I was trying to get the 101 SAT.

So I was wondering can I just get another 18" dish and point it at the 119 SAT and still keep my dish on the 101 SAT? Then somehow link them together?

Because I looked at Best Buy and the big dish (don't know the name) would run $150. I don't want to spend that much on just a dish.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
I just installed DTV myself, and even though the elliptical dish costs more, it made things easy on me during install. I have a KTI dish, and it came with a eagle aspen 22khz switch that mounted on the end of the lnb arm that directly connected to the lnb's.... all 3 of them, no "c" kit needed. Mind you, there isn't anythin on 110 for DTV, but all I have to do is slap a lnb on there and I'm set. Chris is still correct, however, so choose the method that makes the most sense for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.