DBSTalk Forum banner

Great Customer service Experience

4K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  inf0z 
#1 ·
Since sometimes bad experiences can generate posts here, I thought I would share a good one. I've been a sub since 1994 and have a variety of experiences with Directv under my belt but this was a good one.

On Sunday we had a very close lightning strike that took out the HDMI Outputs on two of our four units. (HR21, H21) Component outputs still work on both of them but not HDMI. (I had already verified the inputs on the TV weren't fried.)

I do have the protection plan so I got through to one of those reps (Oregon call center) right away. She processed the replacements in under five minutes, gave me the confirmation numbers and I was out of there.

She did try to upsell me to the Premium Protection Plan but i didn't commit.

Very smooth process from a very helpful agent. wish it was always that way.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
RunnerFL said:
That's awesome! I had an HR21 with an HDMI port that died a year or so ago and they refused to replace it stating that component still worked.
Yes it still works but it certainly doesn't deliver HD. If you're paying for HD, you should get HD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.