DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Legend
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DirecTV called this evening and offered me Premiere and Sunday Ticket for just $14 extra a month for the next 4 months. I currently am a Total Choice subscriber for the last 6 years. I recently had HBO and Sunday Ticket but drop both in June. This offer reminds me of the promo that I initially got when I signed up for DirecTV in 2002. 4 months of Premiere free with the purchase of Sunday Ticket. Just wondering if anyone else got this offer.

· Godfather
286 Posts
NickFluth said:
DirecTV called this evening and offered me Premiere and Sunday Ticket for just $14 extra a month for the next 4 months. I currently am a Total Choice subscriber for the last 6 years. I recently had HBO and Sunday Ticket but drop both in June. This offer reminds me of the promo that I initially got when I signed up for DirecTV in 2002. 4 months of Premiere free with the purchase of Sunday Ticket. Just wondering if anyone else got this offer.
Yes - Got it in August though. They also included Superfan for free, so you should check back with them to make sure that is included for your as well. Did they at least discount the Sunday Ticket price for you since we are 5 weeks into the season?

· Cool Member
13 Posts
NickFluth said:
I had Total Choice since December 2007. In early September, I got in on the upgrade deal where I pay $74.99 for four months for the NFL package plus Superfan, and DTV throws in the Premium package for free plus I got the $9.99 HD channels for free for one year. And with the "$20 discount per month for a year" signup deal back in Dec., my September bill was less than what I was paying for Total Choice.

Gotta love DTV. Take the deal and enjoy the NFL. It is worth every penny.

· Hall Of Fame
3,914 Posts
NickFluth said:
They offered it to me and I was on the Plus HD DVR package. When I questioned them about the fact that my current package includes DVR fee and HD fee and Premier doesn't, it was suddenly an additional $29/mo total when you added them.

· Legend
153 Posts
RACJ2 said:
They offered it to me and I was on the Plus HD DVR package. When I questioned them about the fact that my current package includes DVR fee and HD fee and Premier doesn't, it was suddenly an additional $29/mo total when you added them.
That is a good point. I don't understand how they can call a package "Premier" when it doesn't include HD or DVR. That said it is still a better deal than I was offered a couple weeks ago - Cinemax free for 3 months if I subscribed to HBO (I dropped HBO for Showtime a few months back)

· Icon
985 Posts
Strange ive been a D*customer for 15 years and they have only called me once or twice to offer me a special deal,although i cant complain though because i have made calls before to ask about promotions and have gotten them. thats one thing i like about directv ,they are willing to give you good deals as long you pay your bill on time and dont get to greedy .

· Hall Of Fame
2,012 Posts
DIRECTV called me on the first of this month and made the offer, activated on the 4th. Called that day and got SF for free and half price on a HR21-100. I'd been considering upgrading to a different package and that great offer pushed me over the edge.

· Icon
507 Posts
I am still on Total Choice Plus and got a call last night. Offer was Premier and NFLST for $10/mo for 4 months. After the offer, my base package would change to Choice Plus with an increase of $3/mo. No Superfan and I asked them to call back tonight after I thought about whether to accept. The CSR told me that she worked for a D* contractor and not for D*.

So are there any channels missing from Choice Plus that I currently get with Total Choice? I thought I had read somewhere that there were channels I'd lose.

· Hall Of Fame
2,012 Posts
hiker said:
The CSR told me that she worked for a D* contractor and not for D*.
Confirm, that's what the CSR I spoke with told me as well.
hiker said:
So are there any channels missing from Choice Plus that I currently get with Total Choice? I thought I had read somewhere that there were channels I'd lose.
Choice Plus or Choice Extra? I know my grandfathered package allowed me to have E! and ESPNClassic. I think if you stay with the base TC package you'll probably lose those.

· Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
NickFluth said:
ya that happens, it is an outbound special offer, did you take it, if not, it was only available on that call

· Icon
507 Posts
bidger said:
Choice Plus or Choice Extra? I know my grandfathered package allowed me to have E! and ESPNClassic. I think if you stay with the base TC package you'll probably lose those.
Choice Xtra for $57.99/mo, I have Total Choice Plus now. I just checked by tuning to all the channels part of Choice Xtra not in Choice and I get them all. The CSR told me there were 5 channels part of Choice Xtra that I should not be getting so I don't know WTF she's talking about. The only channel I remember her mentioning of the 5 was Ovation TV and I get that. Seems I remember reading about 1 or 2 channels that I would lose by going to Choice Xtra, maybe CBSC? Anyone know?

· Godfather
545 Posts
hiker said:
Choice Xtra for $57.99/mo, I have Total Choice Plus now. I just checked by tuning to all the channels part of Choice Xtra not in Choice and I get them all. The CSR told me there were 5 channels part of Choice Xtra that I should not be getting so I don't know WTF she's talking about. The only channel I remember her mentioning of the 5 was Ovation TV and I get that. Seems I remember reading about 1 or 2 channels that I would lose by going to Choice Xtra, maybe CBSC? Anyone know?
Yes, you would lose CBSC and pay $3/month more by upgrading. The other channels are the same as Total Choice Plus.

· Hall Of Fame
4,266 Posts
When I called earlier this year to add a new DVR, the CSR tried to talk me into switching from TC+ to a new plan that would offer me (in his words) the best D* has to offer. Of course it was Premier and was going to cost me more, so I declined. He kept pushing and I kept asking what I would get extra. It was just a few channels I don’t watch so I kept declining. He then tried to get me to switch to another current “updated plan, equivalent to my old plan”. I again made him go over all the details and it was several dollars more expensive and missing a few channels. I finally asked him if he had anything that would cost me less and offer exactly what I had, and he admitted that he didn’t have anything like that and that I was better of sticking with TC+. I guess they are really pushing the CSR to “sell”.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.