DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Icon
832 Posts
I have a question about green label splitters. A month or so ago DirecTV came in and installed MRV in my house. I already had SWM up and running from a self-install some four years ago. I showed the tech the SWM-8 and four-way splitter and he said "Great. We're good to go. Our records didn't show you had SWM." As I said this was some four weeks ago and everything seems to be working just fine but I noticed the other day that he didn't replace the old Zinwell four-way splitter at the SWM-8 with a green label splitter. Guess I shouldn't worry about that since it's working?

·
Icon
832 Posts
veryoldschool said:
If the loss isn't too great, then the DECA will work. If you have either H/HR24s or H25, or even a HR34, you can measure the DECA loss between receivers.
I don't have any of those models so no way to measure. It's not that a green label splitter is all that expensive and certainly not hard to install so I guess I should just swap it out myself. I'm kind of a "if it ain't broken don't fix it" guy so I guess I can just ignore it. Since I'm not noticing any issues I assume the loss isn't great or significant enough to bother with.

·
Icon
832 Posts
veryoldschool said:
So you have the DECA adapters on your receivers and the cLink will show a green status. Should one be yellow/orange, then you have reduced performance and need to change the splitter(s).
Great! I knew you'd know. :) I'll give them a check. Thanks. I'm guessing the SWM-8 itself isn't an issue or could it be?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.