DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just replaced my Dishplayer with a 501. So far, I have not been able to get the caller i.d. feature to work. I have checked all of the possible problems that you have suggested, and the only thing that I can figure out is that the thing may not be properly grounded.

How do I go about grounding the 501? (I hope that this is something that they did when they installed it, and a wire has just come loose or something easy like that.)

thanks,

john

·
Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
I doubt grounding is your issue... I'm running ungrounded now, and my callerid works fine. I should be grounded, but I'll get to that later this week.

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Well, grounding was absolutely my issue. Proved that and described how I proved it in another article in the p153 bugs thread. All you have to do is run a wire from your switch (doubles as your grounding block) to the ground. If you have no switch in your configuration, the installer should have installed a grounding block. Run your ground wire from there to the ground. Take a look at Dish's installation diagrams for your configuration.

Take care!

Brad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.