DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post to this forum although I have been reading it with great interest for some time.

I have had my HR 20 for about 3 weeks and like many others I am experiencing two serious problems. The first is not being able to playback recordedings - just get the message about deleting or saving. The second is not being able to resume playing a program after pausing it.

I am using a multiswitch and my HR20 is connected to my Sony SXRD TV with an HDMI cable for video and to my my Denon AV3300 with an optical cable for sound.

I have a couple of questions. First, is there anything that I can do to avoid these problems occurring in the first place? Second, if they do occur, is the only possible workaround a reset of the HR20?

I am also experienceng another less serious problem. I have had a few occasions when shows have been recorded without me having requested them to be recorded. This is infrequent enough (has happened myabe three times) that it's not a big deal to delete them. Is this a know problem?

Thanks,
Pete

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
The first issue... the "Keep or Delete"... nothing you can do about it.
That particular recording is "gone". DirecTV most certainly is aware of it, and is working to eliminate it.

The only way to "avoid" it, is when it occurs... reboot the system. To reset it. That appears to be the only "help" for the problem. Doesn't eliminate it, but it does "slow" down the spread of it on future recordings.

As for the second... that also usually means that the HR20 stop listening to remote commands or the front pannel. Again, just another reboot it.

Both are issues that DirecTV is aware of, and trying to get resolved as soon as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.