DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· You call I haul..
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting close to the uplink with OKC in HD (dec 6 as per customer service)was at my freinds house yesterday and he got a h20 when the installer got it done and was flipping through the guild I saw the OKC in HD channels...ex...9-1,4-1 and so on along with some sub stations like sky warn weather channel? why cant I see these on my HR20 and is there any way to force update my guild to show them??tried a reset and then a total reset on my bedroom HR20 with nothing yet??? thanks just wondering....

· DBSTalk Club Member
88 Posts
Just had the same thing in Tulsa, but it was on an HR20. I hit guide, then went to the HD channels. My daughter was watching Nickelodeon, so I stuck me in the 500's for Showtime and HBO. As I scrolled up, past the 70's, my locals showed up. Tuned to one, eventhough nobody had any HD programing at 9:30 in the morning, and they came in. When I changed channels, I got a searching for satellite message, hit guide again, and they were gone. Was really hoping to catch the NASCAR race in HD tomorrow.

· Godfather
260 Posts
The alternate channels are not carried by D*, I only get those on OTA as well as NBC-HD (thanks to Lin TV) and PBS.
Is KOCO-HD going to be carried on D*? I know they pulled the plug on Cox.

· Registered
5,530 Posts
If they were listed as 9.1, 14.1 etc they are the OKC local OTA channels not the DirecTV HD locals. The DirecTV HD locals will appear in the guide as their callsign not as 9.1 etc. When the HR20 OTA tuners are activated (before the end of the year??) you will see these local OTA channels in the guide.

· You call I haul..
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe you are correct maybe it was a referb unit he got and someone else in Okla had it before hooked up with a ota never thought about that it was new in box when installer brought it out but it still might have been used thanks...was just hoping that we were close though...lol...and maybe even get the extras like skywarn 4 weather channel also...one can dream

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.