DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has already been answered, but everytime I try to do a search in this forum, I get results of x10b realease questions and get find the answer to my question, so I apologize in advance if this is a repeat question.

I bought my HR20 when it first came out and if I hit guide once and I get a guide filter (ALL, Local, HDTV, etc.) and when I hit guide again, i guide the actual guide list where I can page through the channels.

However, a friend of mine just got an HR20 and the opposite happens. You hit guide once, and the channel guide list comes up and if you hit guide a gain, the guide filter comes up. I just received the x10b version and so did my friend? How can I change so I can hit guide once and the guide list comes up?

Is this a setting? Did I miss something obvious??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Welcome to DBSTalk!

This is not an option to change in the HR20 (even though many here think it should be). Unclear on how it is working for your friend. Are they using the remote that came with the HR20?

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Find us this friend and ask him what he's doing - that's a major source of annoyance for many of us here. Unfortunately, I have no evidence that it's been fixed.

Oh, and welcome to DBSTalk! Glad to have you here!

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I experience first hand. My friend is not technically inclined as I am, so I took the receiver out of the box and set it up myself. I am using the remote that came with the unit, however I did notice that the remote was slightly differeent than mine. I will find out the model number and post it as soon as I get it, and I will also try to take a picture and post it, but I may not be able to do that until after work today.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
pghattas said:
Well, I experience first hand. My friend is not technically inclined as I am, so I took the receiver out of the box and set it up myself. I am using the remote that came with the unit, however I did notice that the remote was slightly differeent than mine. I will find out the model number and post it as soon as I get it, and I will also try to take a picture and post it, but I may not be able to do that until after work today.
Yeah do that... You will make MANY friends on the board if you have the hidden key to understanding how to get around that without buying an after market remote. :)

My first guess. The remote is defective and registering 2 button pushes each time the button is pressed.

Welcome to DBS Talk! :welcome_s

·
Legend
191 Posts
I bet he has the newer RM34 versus the older 24. The 34 has bigger buttons and is more sensitive on button pushes. I have both and know that on the 34 you have to hit a button fairly quickly or it will register as hitting it twice. It doesn't matter which button on there either, they're all the same sensitivity timing wise. Not good for older people :)

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
PoitNarf said:
How can I make mine "defective"? :lol:
I made mine "defective" by buying a Harmony remote. :lol:

Before anyone fires back a mean attack no, I do not believe that you should have to buy a $100+ remote to get basic guide functionality. I purchased my Harmony remote for other reasons, but 1 button push for guide was an added bonus.

Want to make sure I covered all my bases. :)

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I vaguely remember reading 34 on the remote model number, you could be right. I did know there was a slight difference between the remote that came with my friends hr20 and the remote that came with mine. So is it possible that the remote makes the difference?

Although I dont understand how that would be. If that remote is double pulsing, then everytime I hit it, it will bring up the channel guide list after double pulsing. But I hit the guide button and brings up channel guide list, and I hit again and it brings up channel filter so that would have to make it a single pulse to pull the channel list. How would it know when to double pulse vs single pulse?

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Radio Enginerd said:
I made mine "defective" by buying a Harmony remote. :lol:

Before anyone fires back a mean attack no, I do not believe that you should have to buy a $100+ remote to get basic guide functionality. I purchased my Harmony remote for other reasons, but 1 button push for guide was an added bonus.

Want to make sure I covered all my bases. :)
I have a Crestron system for my home use, and I have programmed the double pulse for the channel guide list, but there are time where I do wanna do the channel filter, I dont want to double pulse everytime. Finding a solution or a discrete IR signal that would bring up the channel guide first and channel filter second with a second pulse would be a great ease for a lot of ppl.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
pghattas said:
...You hit guide once, and the channel guide list comes up...
This is one of the top requests in the Wish List Survey. Click below. You will be amazed at the many other basic features that do not work like the manual says.

For workarounds and tips, click Tips & Tricks.

Welcome to the group!

- Craig

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.