DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this before and was unable to get any responses. I've also spent the past few hours searching the forums with no luck.....If it's been discussed before, please direct me to the appropriate pages.

I've been trying to determine if the 20-700 allows a filtering of the guide like the 10-250 does. The only filtering I can find is done when 'guide' is pressed. That filter is what I'm looking for but it's missing the additional indexing/catagories.

Example.......if I don't know what channel a basketball game is on I used to search 'sports/basketball'. Now I can only choose 'sports' which gives me a huge list of channels, most of which I don't receive.

Any ideas? I asked several DTV reps and only got the response that 'this unit is not the same one you used to have, don't expect it to work the same way" and "the tech team is aware of all the issues and always working on fixes and updates".

Yeah, ok.

Thanks!

· Hall Of Fame
13,446 Posts
You're limited to the filters that come up when you press Guide. In the future, when the Channels I Get feature is activated, those channels you don't have won't show up.

· AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doing this creates the issue I'm having. While searching 'sports/backetball' I get 1650 matches and a very unfriendly means of searching the list (a very small number of lines displayed at one time which would take forever to browse).

I'm sure it's something to do with the way the 20-700 guide works. I'm guessing the the above result comes a search within the complete guide data (all that is available) as opposed the next 24 hours or less.

Thanks for the responses!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.