DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Legend
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a mistake but they have it listed from 9 to 11pm tomorrow December 11th.

·
Legend
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just out of curiosity have they ever had a 2 hour show?

·
Super Moderator
53,881 Posts
Yes. Well, at least they have had two hours scheduled before - For the 10th anniversary, IIRC (but the show ended aburptly at 80 minutes - again IIRC).

I suspect that they want to leave time to talk but won't go too far past an hour.

·
RichardParker II
939 Posts
Ah, my monthly quandary. Do I record the football game or Charlie Chat. Guess I'll do what I usually do and record CC. Then read the forum comments before I decide to watch or erase it. It should be a very interesting show this time tho.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Early on, Charlie used to say at the end of the hour, "Heck, we own the satellite. We can go more than an hour!"
They would go over by a few minutes and sometimes close to 90 minutes before they ended the show. This was also when they took many calls a show, not just a selected, homogenized, filtered, triple screened and strained few we get now.

After a few times of doing that, near the end of one of the chats Charlie said "we own the satellite, but unfortunately due to scheduling reasons we really have to stay within the hour." and they ended the show. they haven't gone over "scheduled time" since until the aniversary show.

see ya
Tony

·
Icon
917 Posts
My Bears are playing tonight. I'm going to have to rely on someone to post a recap here. I don't have any issues anyway except the loss of WCBS-HD, which they can't fix without Congress, and wanting more HD channels.

·
Icon
643 Posts
I was about to mention the same thing - that originally, the show used to end some time between 60 and 90 minutes.

By the way, the event listing for this Chat was originally 60 minutes, so it has clearly intentionally been lengthened.

·
Icon
643 Posts
BillJ said:
My Bears are playing tonight. I'm going to have to rely on someone to post a recap here. I don't have any issues anyway except the loss of WCBS-HD, which they can't fix without Congress, and wanting more HD channels.
Actually, the loss of the Distant O&O CBS HD's was a voluntary action by E* ( according to someone who has spoken to an exec ) - they just decided to do it at the same time as the Distants removal. Supposedly, they have uplinked most of the O&O CBS HD's anyway as Locals, and so only a few people were subscribing to the Distant CBS HD's. (Just repeating what I have heard, I know nothing more.)

·
Super Moderator
53,881 Posts
My 501 has it listed as a one hour chat. My 622 thinks that it is two.
Tiebreaker goes to the 211. Two hours.

This could be interesting - I'll have to look when it starts and see if the recording times are correct. (I'm recording on both machines.)

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
And with that... I think I should close the thread. ;)

·
Super Moderator
53,881 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.